Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCAC May 7th, Bob Lee...

Howdy all,

All of my friends I use training wheels with have other obligations for the May 7th shoot at Brazos County Archery Club, so I'm thinking of shooting my first traditional shoot there.

If I could only choose a regular traditional shoot, or the Bob Lee Memorial shoot which should I choose???

I'm still in my first year of shooting traditional, but I think I could at least gets 5s...

Thoughts?

Pretty sure Bob Lee shoot is June.

[https://www] June 3-4, 2023 • 3rd annual Bob Lee Traditional Shoot TBOT - 1614 Louis St, Bryan TX Contact: David Bailey 979-220-0145 Julie Jones 979-595-7384
    Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DRT; 04-30-2023, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by helical View Post
        Bob Lee
        Is it like their annual Fred Bear shoot? But for traditional archery? How big is the turn out?

Comment

I did my first trad shoot at first Bob Lee, only one I’ve been able to make. Hope to go this year. I didn’t feel overwhelmed, had a goal to shoot and gain experience, wasn’t trying to be competitive. Had a great time, shot with good folks. Several classes available. If you can shoot the bcs local then bob lee, go for it.

Comment

Fyi the address on the TBOT page is incorrect, it should be 1715 Louis St. Also the Bob Lee shoot is not a TBOT shoot. We are using TBOT guidelines for some of the classes, but there will also be an ‘Aided’ class added as a trial run to gauge interest.

Comment

To answer the original question, if you can go to both, go to both. The trad group will go out around 9 on May 7th. Last month there were a dozen or so shooters. We’re all pretty laid back, even the guys in the running for SOY. The Bob Lee shoot is 40 targets and you can shoot as many rounds as you’d like. More class options, and more shooters. I don’t remember the number from last year off hand, but we had around 100 cards turned in. The shots are more hunting inspired, less wide open lanes. A long shot, some challenging shots. Quite a few really good shooters will be there, plenty of experienced folks to talk to and ask questions.

Comment

There will be a lot more folks at the Bob Lee shoot than at a “regular traditional shoot”, plus 10 more targets per round.

The Bob Lee Memorial shoot is on my list of “Don’t Miss” shoots!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                  To answer the original question, if you can go to both, go to both. The trad group will go out around 9 on May 7th. Last month there were a dozen or so shooters. We’re all pretty laid back, even the guys in the running for SOY. The Bob Lee shoot is 40 targets and you can shoot as many rounds as you’d like. More class options, and more shooters. I don’t remember the number from last year off hand, but we had around 100 cards turned in. The shots are more hunting inspired, less wide open lanes. A long shot, some challenging shots. Quite a few really good shooters will be there, plenty of experienced folks to talk to and ask questions.
                  Good deal, that does help answer my question! I'm going to try to make the May 7th shoot at BCAC. Hopefully I can make the Bob Lee shoot as well, sounds like one I need to add to my DO NOT MISS list!

Comment

Working...
                  X