Light Bar on Trailer - Install Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Bar on Trailer - Install Question

I am wanting to add LED lights to a trailer, but control them by zone, with the upfitter switches in my F250 cab. Zones being overhead, left side, right side and Rear light bars/pods. My initial thoughts were to run wires from the switch block under the hood to the bed, near the 7-pin gooseneck connection, to a 4-pin connector. Mount a 4-pin connection on the trailer to each light zone. Has anyone ever done this and is there a better prefabbed option than a 4 pin wire connection? I know I could google something, but if someone on here has some insight I would appreciate it.

That’s the only way I can think to wire them from the cab switches

Comment

Why from the cab and not switchs on the trailer? Would be a lot easier to wire.

Comment

IS this an enclosed trailer? We had some loading lights and internal lights to a livestock trailer and we had switches at the back of the trailer, all power came in from the power hot wire on the 7 pin connector .

Comment

yeah this would be the way to do it if you needed in-cab control. It would be much cleaner to wire it to the trailer and then it would always work no matter which vehicle was towing the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
            IS this an enclosed trailer? We had some loading lights and internal lights to a livestock trailer and we had switches at the back of the trailer, all power came in from the power hot wire on the 7 pin connector .
            Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
            yeah this would be the way to do it if you needed in-cab control. It would be much cleaner to wire it to the trailer and then it would always work no matter which vehicle was towing the trailer.
            This is a gooseneck trailer.

Comment

Working...
            X