No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had one of the cubes in a glass of water for an hour now and it hasn't melted. I put one of the shrimp in the sun all morning and it's getting pretty soft. I think they would need to stay in the cooler until you use them but I believe they will have there uses. The cubes on a popping cork etc. I'll try food coloring in them on the next batch. It's very cheap and easy to make, Gulp has got very expensive. It's not something I use much but I will try some of this to see if it works.

Comment

I'm going to throw some craw type lures more this summer at reds. I made up a few in this dirty craw looking color to try. We'll see how they work.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        I'm going to throw some craw type lures more this summer at reds. I made up a few in this dirty craw looking color to try. We'll see how they work.

I bet they work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made up a new jerk bait last week. I used balsa and did the foil different. I also used a new type of paint, it's a tint base that's a lot more transparent. It really gave it a metallic look.

Comment

That does look nice!

Comment

Got a new worm mold I want to use for redfish. I'm hoping to throw it at them this weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	49.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	26510477 Click image for larger version

Name:	49.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	26510478

Comment

I like the crawfish Kevin !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	54.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	26527957 Click image for larger version

Name:	55.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	26527958 Finished a new top water this week. Carved it out of poplar with an internal rattle and a thru wire harness. I really like how it walks. I'll throw it at some reds this weekend I hope.

Comment

You sir, are a Master Baiter like no other!

when I grow up, hope to slay half as many fish as you do.

Comment

Great look-n topwater Kevin! Wish the admins would get the "Thumbs Up" emoji fixed. You need some more of them.

Comment

Got another slow sinker done the other day. I got the sink rate at a foot per 2 seconds. It should do well in the colder months. Click image for larger version

Name:	57.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	26531370 Click image for larger version

Name:	56.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	26531371

Comment

I haven't been posting much lately but I have been busy. Here's some new stuff. First, I made a top water master and casted some in resin so I can make more. It took three attempts to get the right ''walk the dog'' action. But in the end this one works very well Click image for larger version

Name:	67.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	26637745
                          Attached Files

Comment

Made a few replacements of the hot lure lately. The good thing about making your own is you can get them anytime. Click image for larger version

Name:	106.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	26660792

Comment

Not a good day to be on the water so I made a few hand poured shrimps. Click image for larger version

Name:	267.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	26661932

Comment

Those in the bottom left corner catch my eye! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X