Hill Country 10 age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
    I assume you’re in the Doss area. The guys we took ours to were some goobers as well.
    Yuuuuuup.

We had a lot of guys take in what we’re called 3.5-4.5 year old spikes.
    Without a doubt they were 1.5-2.5(max) spikes

Comment

I enjoyed going through this old thread. I agreed with each decision you made and also agreed with your age assessment.

Congrats on killing him, and I am in the "aging by teeth is useless group"!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        I enjoyed going through this old thread. I agreed with each decision you made and also agreed with your age assessment.

Congrats on killing him, and I am in the "aging by teeth is useless group"!

Rwc
        Shooting that old boy was bittersweet. I definitely hesitated a good bit but between him and another 8 I pulled two of my older bucks so hopefully some up and comers can step in their place.

I feel like under better conditions he hadn’t yet reached his potential in 2019/2020 but those last two years hurt him. But his body was very very solid. Rain not at the right time, freezes overall dry conditions. The whole herd was weak for the most part.

Comment

4.5 all day long.

With it being low fence depending on your neighbors this next year might be the year.

Hes obviously the dominant buck.

I could send more pics of bucks from the hill country that I killed and have the taxidermist age them. for reference LMK

Comment

Working...
          X