Where to Get AgLime in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Get AgLime in East Texas

I've cleared some bigger fields this year and pelletized lime would be pretty expensive. Anyone know where you can get lime brought in from in the Jacksonville/Tyler area?

Steel's feed and seed in Troup may have it, or be able to steer you in the right direction. I believe my neighbor used to have them bring trucks and spread it.

Comment

Thanks! Will check it out

Comment

Steeles has it, I’ve bought it several times, but be aware it’s stored outside and it has to be dry to put it out. They will put it out or you can use their lime buggy.

903-842-3411 is the store number

Comment

Most feed stores offer it big bags or even trailer spreaders.

I just get pelletized and spread with a broadcast spreader as it is too hard to get to my spots with the bull stuff. Tractor Supply has the pelletized.

Comment

I've used pelletized..just starting to expensive...anyone have any luck spreading without a specialize spreader?

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I should have read your original posting closer.

I would just get the trailer/spreader already full of lime from the feed store and be done with it.

Comment

Look for an ag co-op close to you. I use the one in Grapeland, but there should be plenty of places close to you. They brought it in a fertilizer spreader (6 tons at a time). If you have stumps and timber slash they may not be able to spread it.

I had the stumps removed in the area that they spread the lime, but also had them spread it on the slopes going into the lake.
                The only suggestion I have for newly cleared land is a PTO spreader on the back of a tractor. It would be a slow go and you would have to have it delivered in a pile and get it spread before it got wet and set up into a big rock.
                Last edited by El Paisano; 04-01-2023, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Try Clark’s Feed in Lufkin, they used to have it. I haven’t used them in a couple of years though, but it’s worth a call to check and see

Comment

Working...
                  X