Sting ray for lunch…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sting ray for lunch…

Never had ray before… decided we were going to try it. It’s surprisingly good IMHO

last Tuesday my brother flew in for a couple of weeks… we went to Port A and he got into a ray… he decided he wanted to try it…. Here is what i came up with

Here it is in fillets and fried up… along with that I made some shrimp soup…
    Attached Files

Looks Good!

Comment

Looks tasty

Comment

Well how was it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
          Well how was it ?
          It was very good IMHO. I am a fresh water guy so take it for what it’s worth. I would definitely be bring more home if/when I get hooked on with one.

Comment

Stingray is very good. I made a plugger out of 1” pipe and would punch plugs and cut the skin off of both ends and deep fry. Bay Scallops.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Stingray is very good. I made a plugger out of 1” pipe and would punch plugs and cut the skin off of both ends and deep fry. Bay Scallops.
              Curios on your choice of seasoning for the deep fried “bay scallops”?

Comment

A few years ago I grilled some redfish,trout,drum and stingray.I set it out and let everyone try it all,everyone said the stingray was the best.It did taste a lot like scallops and crab meat.

Comment

I went bow fishing in Florida for rays a while back. We fried the rays up with some shrimp and it was really good. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

Comment

I tried baking some filets from a big ray one time. It was like trying to chew up the sole of a tennis shoe. Went out and got a burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      This is the way to go ^^.
                      File down the edge of the pipe so it's kinda sharp, and just pop em out one after another, until they come out the other end.
                      Once you have a pile, then trim like GM mentioned.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Stingray can be great . We use to bow fish the heck out of them . Would do the pipe trick too . Used 1 1/2 pipe .

Comment

Will pvc pipe work?

Comment

Originally posted by k-k View Post
                              Will pvc pipe work?
                              I wouldn’t even attempt it. The skin is tough and there’s some cartridge too. Go to hardware store and buy a pipe nipple and bevel it.

Comment

Working...
                              X