No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it’s worth. Check your emails, for those unhappy with the draw you have a chance to send in some feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
      For what it’s worth. Check your emails, for those unhappy with the draw you have a chance to send in some feedback.
      I tried to tell them last year I needed to draw a hunt. It didn't work out for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
        I tried to tell them last year I needed to draw a hunt. It didn't work out for this year.
        Exactly what I told them this year.

My other suggestion was when open spots came up in a second draw that an all out battle royal amongst the standbys would be much more thorough than randomly drawing.

Comment

Exactly what I told them this year.

My other suggestion was when open spots came up in a second draw that an all out battle royal amongst the standbys would be much more thorough than randomly drawing.
          And entertaining.

Comment

0 for 31 for the drawing 0 for 6 on standby. Got to go buy a lottery ticket my luck has to change soon.

Comment

Got drawn for WMA La Sal Del Rey for Nilgai, hogs, exotics. Unlimited rifle hunt. Has anyone been? Scouting starts the 23rd and hunt is 26-29. Only 8 hunters/groups at a time on 5700 acres.

Comment

Not I. But the best to you sir!

Comment

Something I would like to see is on some of these top tier hunts to not being eligible to draw till you have X loyalty points.

Examples of top tier hunts - Rita Blanca pronghorn, chaparral GDE, all rifle mule deer, desert bighorn, Powderhorn and many others. Restrict entry to these hunts unless you have 10 loyalty points or more.

That should significantly help people with double digit loyalty points start getting drawn for some of these top tier hunts.

Also add a loyalty point only option.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    Something I would like to see is on some of these top tier hunts to not being eligible to draw till you have X loyalty points.

Examples of top tier hunts - Rita Blanca pronghorn, chaparral GDE, all rifle mule deer, desert bighorn, Powderhorn and many others. Restrict entry to these hunts unless you have 10 loyalty points or more.

That should significantly help people with double digit loyalty points start getting drawn for some of these top tier hunts.

Also add a loyalty point only option.
                    I have 20 plus points in some of two of those categories (pronghorn, bighorn, exotic). The rest that aren’t 20 plus, are all 15 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      I have 20 plus points in some of two of those categories (pronghorn, bighorn, exotic). The rest that aren’t 20 plus, are all 15 plus.
                      Yep, I've got 9, 10, 11 in many categories. I'm afraid loyalty point creep has already set in and there isn't much anyone can do. Going to be lots of people with 20+ points and still next to zero odds of drawing.

Comment

This may be a dumb question.

I have always only entered one opportunity per category. Kinda like it was in the old days.

Now that you can enter multiple opportunities per category, I am guessing you still only get one point for no draw?

Ie. Say you enter three entries for GDE one year, and are not drawn for any. How many points do you accrue for that category, that year?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          This may be a dumb question.

I have always only entered one opportunity per category. Kinda like it was in the old days.

Now that you can enter multiple opportunities per category, I am guessing you still only get one point for no draw?

Ie. Say you enter three entries for GDE one year, and are not drawn for any. How many points do you accrue for that category, that year?
                          You’re guessing correct. Still get one point a year per category

Comment

Thanks, I was just curious.

Comment

the granger draw is rigged I believe

Comment

MUSE WMA,
                                Was blessed to get drawn for the Muse WMA archery hunt 10/11 to 10/15. Any pointers from past archery hunters that have hunted this area would be greatly appreciated. It is an assigned compartment hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X