Things to do with tire rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do with tire rims

At the ranch there are maybe a dozen, maybe 20 old rims with no tires. What kind of projects can I do with these? Or should we just haul them out for scrap?

Melt them down and build some knives?

Comment

Lol Shane... maybe take them to the scrap yard, and use the money to buy some knife steel

Comment

Sounds like a better plan.

Comment

I have one with a pipe in the middle and a bench grinder on top

Comment

I've made a few fire pits out of them. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Found them.
            Last edited by Hoggslayer; 12-08-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              This

Comment

Depending on what they are maybe worth some money to the right folks.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  Depending on what they are maybe worth some money to the right folks.
                  They are mostly rusty, unidentified, disorganized, mismatched, lol. I'd guess mostly 70's through 90's. Nothing likely vintage or classic.

Comment

That firepit is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      I have one with pipe and a 2" ball welded on top. Works great to latch on small boat trailers that do not have jacks and keep them in the "tilted towards the drain" angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I've made a few fire pits out of them. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Found them.
                        Great looking fire pit !

Comment

Depending one which wheels you have, some may have some desirability, as a wheel. Some many times, I have seen guys chop up wheels to make into something, the wheel turns out to be one that is very hard to find and valuable.

At the same time, if they are valuable cool old wheels, but damaged on the inside. They can be made into cool decorative pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                            Depending one which wheels you have, some may have some desirability, as a wheel. Some many times, I have seen guys chop up wheels to make into something, the wheel turns out to be one that is very hard to find and valuable.

At the same time, if they are valuable cool old wheels, but damaged on the inside. They can be made into cool decorative pieces.
                            Thats me. My grinder stand is a genuine spoked Model A rim.

Comment

These are easy to build and are handy as heck for a charcoal/wood grill. I use mine more than any of my other outdoor cooking devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X