Rocksprings/Mountain Home land seeking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksprings/Mountain Home land seeking

Family is looking into purchasing a retirement property in the Hill County. Time to get away from the craziness of the city. Looking at land values it seems Kerr or Edwards County is the best value currently. Trying to figure out the pros & cons of subdivision properties vs non-subdivision land. Personally I don't like subdivision properties but want to better understand the pros and cons. Seeking a minimum of 100 acres but not in the market for those 500+ acres properties. Any advice is appreciated

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
    Family is looking into purchasing a retirement property in the Hill County. Time to get away from the craziness of the city. Looking at land values it seems Kerr or Edwards County is the best value currently. Trying to figure out the pros & cons of subdivision properties vs non-subdivision land. Personally I don't like subdivision properties but want to better understand the pros and cons. Seeking a minimum of 100 acres but not in the market for those 500+ acres properties. Any advice is appreciated
    No benefit to subdivisions for the most part.....They have ruined a large chunk of Edwards Co. Edwards is much more bang for your buck than Kerr. Land is a heck of a lot more gentle East of Rocksprings on the Real/Edwards/Kerr border. Gets pretty rough south of Rocksprings in a hurry. Kind of just depends on what you are looking for. I have been looking in the area myself. Good luck!

Comment

There is a large ranch that got subdivided on 55 closer to 277. They might have some tracts left. You'll have lots of small neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
        Family is looking into purchasing a retirement property in the Hill County. Seeking a minimum of 100 acres but not in the market for those 500+ acres properties. Any advice is appreciated
        anywhere in the $2M ~ $5M price range is what you can expect to pay. This based on a quick search of property listings on LOT

Comment

Shoot me a pm with your budget and contact I may know of a few places. That are not officially listed

Comment

I'd try and stay away from subdivisions if possible. If you don't care about elevation, or fencing there are some darn good buys between rocksprings and Barksdale. Of elevation or rock is what you are staying away from then the east side on the plateau is where you need to look. I bought on 377 just NE of RS and its super flat with lots of Oaks. TONS of Axis, Whitetail, Blackbuck and turkey.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
              I'd try and stay away from subdivisions if possible. If you don't care about elevation, or fencing there are some darn good buys between rocksprings and Barksdale. Of elevation or rock is what you are staying away from then the east side on the plateau is where you need to look. I bought on 377 just NE of RS and its super flat with lots of Oaks. TONS of Axis, Whitetail, Blackbuck and turkey.

I am seeing a lot of nice looking properties around Barksdale looks very promising

Comment

Buddy owned 350 acres HF 15 miles north of Bracketville.
                He also had 25 acres just outside thr HF.
                Had a feeder and water tank with a camera
                After 2 years. And all the ranchetts sold, you'd be lucky to see 2 deer a week at the feed/water station. And they were at night. Maybe a hog or 2 every other week.
                Place was shot out so quick around him.

Property around him was 10 to 25 acres per owner.

I own some property in the CX ranch off CR550/674.
                Smallest place is 100 acres i believe.
                We have wonderful neighbors, that between all of us we have about 3k acres that we manage. We have nice WT, axis, hogs, turkey and the occasional stray elk, audad or sika come through. I love my place.

I wouldn't buy anything in the small 25 to 50acre parcel if you plan on hunting. Will be shot out quick.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post

That is a beautiful area.

Comment

Working...
                  X