Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s all about perspective (hunting with kids)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my twin boys out last year one at a time at 3.5 and they did alright. Carter still talks about “his” deer and asked me the other day “when’s my deer gonna be all stuffed up” Bc he knows that deer is at the taxi. Taking them again this weekend. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have taken my daughter out hunting a couple times since she was 5, now she's 8. She loves to go to the ranch and swim and make smores. I give her the option to go with me every time I go out. She is just not that into it. My son is almost 15 months old. One of his first words was deer. This happened as we were walking around bass pro shop. I took him hunting with me on the evening hunt opening day. Sat for two hours, saw a few deer, threw things out of the blind and left right as prime time was hitting. One of the best hunts I have had in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer huntin for us was as just as much about camp, and piddlin around, as setting in the blind.

I have very large blinds, so he could always lay down in the floor, or color, or eat snacks, or play on his tablet thing, until the critters showed up. Always had a heater for when it was cold.

Campfires, smores, cuttin firewood, perch fishin, just walkin around....all good time killers.

Guiding your kid is the best hunting job there is.

Comment

Great write up and kudos for recognizing what was most important in the end. Time goes by so fast when they're young....but as someone else already said, the grandkids are next!
          I just had a great weekend with my oldest son (31) and my grandson (10) and both killed bucks but the best part was just the time we had together. I was wore smooth out after 3 days of hunting with them, getting up at 415 am. and going to bed after 11pm. but I'm so blessed to have gotten to spend that time with them.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome does describe it. Miss those days.

Comment

They grow up fast!!!! Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
              X