Vitamin D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamin D

So with all this talk about things to take for COVID I keep hearing Vitamin D as one of the constants. I take my Vitamin C and Zinc everyday. Im out in the sun for hours nearly everyday. Am I getting enough natural vitamin D? Or should I be taking a supplement as well? No mask or vaccine comments please.

I've taken Vitamin D for years. If you're worried about taking too much you can take every other day

Comment

I've been taking all three for about 18 months now. I had one interesting thing happen to me. I had a little wart on the index finger of my right hand, been there 20 or more years... haven't paid much attention to it but a month or so ago I noticed it was gone. Tried all the wart remover stuff too... vitamin D and/or zinc killed that virus.

Comment

Have you had the vaccine yet? If so which one?
        I have an answer for you

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          So with all this talk about things to take for COVID I keep hearing Vitamin D as one of the constants. I take my Vitamin C and Zinc everyday. Im out in the sun for hours nearly everyday. Am I getting enough natural vitamin D? Or should I be taking a supplement as well? No mask or vaccine comments please.
          At 51 my annual physical turned up a vitamin D gap for first time (I spend tons time outdoor). By 53 it had grown and my doctor doubled down on my dosage. It's since stabilized and in the "Green" but I continue to take it daily.

Hard tell you what to do without a baseline.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

My dr did my bloodwork, and said the majority of people nowadays are low on Vit D, and prescribed me to take 1 pill a week, just a heads up.

Comment

Supplement. It is possible to get to high, but hard to do so. I supplement a little every day, but load up heavy if I feel like I am getting sick.

Comment

My wife has been taking it so we have 400IU capsules here at the house. I'll just start taking it along with the rest. What is a good baseline amount to take daily as a preventative? I'll be getting an annual physical done in the near future so I'll have them test my levels then.

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
                  Have you had the vaccine yet? If so which one?
                  I have an answer for you
                  Negative. So what's your answer?

Comment

My wife has been taking it so we have 400IU capsules here at the house. I'll just start taking it along with the rest. What is a good baseline amount to take daily as a preventative? I'll be getting an annual physical done in the near future so I'll have them test my levels then.
                    I take 800-1200 daily and double it if I am feeling under the weather.

Comment

From what I understand at a certain age your body doesn't produce the vitamin D like it does when you're young. So, probably a good idea to get you a baseline, and then get a supplement to boost it should you find its low.

Comment

Only vitamin I was diagnosed as low in on my last physical. 46yr old, desk job and when I do go on my walk it’s 6:30-7:30am. Not getting a lot of natural sun. I take a little more now over this last year along with added zinc. No Rona and not sick last year at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I absorb a whole bunch of sunshine,weekly. My wife,who is well heeled in vitamins/nutrition.(masters degree in them)I take a liquid vitamin D supplement in the wintertime.Honestly,when I think about it..It's a small squirt bottle..Like a shot of breath freshener.I don't take anything else.Eat pretty healthy.She said,"we have the most expensive ****,on earth) Healthy food retains more of what the body needs.

Comment

Well, I don't know about the getting older and needing vit, D. I'll be 68 in September and had my blood work done back in January and everything was fine except LDL was a little high. I don't take any pills. I do eat a lot of chicken fried elk steaks and tators.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                              I absorb a whole bunch of sunshine,weekly. My wife,who is well heeled in vitamins/nutrition.(masters degree in them)I take a liquid vitamin D supplement in the wintertime.Honestly,when I think about it..It's a small squirt bottle..Like a shot of breath freshener.I don't take anything else.Eat pretty healthy.She said,"we have the most expensive ****,on earth) Healthy food retains more of what the body needs.
                              Yep, wintertime I have taken vitamin D supplement in the past. Even if Im outside a lot Im wearing long sleeves and long pants so not much chance for the sun to do its work that time of the year. We eat great so Ive got that covered as well. Ive had blood work done every couple years and they havent ever mentioned my vitamin D being low. Not sure if they were actually looking at that though. I'll have to specifically ask this next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X