Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You boys hunting Leon county around Buffalo….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You boys hunting Leon county around Buffalo….

Need to get in a tree soon. Lots of activity around 79. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside of Centerville we have a place, and I'll be happy just to see a 4.5 year old buck. It's not a big place, but a petting zoo of does and young scrub bucks

Comment

I’m south of there down 79 east of Marquez. Starting to see better bucks on cameras (3.5 yo’s) but nothing I wanna shoot yet. I’ve only been able to sit for 3 hunts so far.

Comment

Getting any rain in Centerville? I am about 7 miles east on highway 7 and my food plots need some water.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          Outside of Centerville we have a place, and I'll be happy just to see a 4.5 year old buck. It's not a big place, but a petting zoo of does and young scrub bucks
          I have the same place.......only it is in Ft Bend county. It's lots of fun and near the house. These days I enjoy watching them, killing them and eating them. It's all about getting a limit! I just kill them when I feel like doing the work and the weather is nice......Something(s) are going to die this weekend.
          Last edited by rtp; 10-27-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
            Getting any rain in Centerville? I am about 7 miles east on highway 7 and my food plots need some water.
            Checked farm logs and said we got around 3/4"..I will take it.
            Joey

Comment

Headed up tonight. Yeah, this time of year is always the best hunting for me.

Comment

We're a bit South of 7, roughly halfway between Centerville and Marquez. Camera action slowed a bit the past few days but started getting some pics after the weather calmed a little earlier.

Hoping to get the wife a shot this weekend, she's pretty eager to break in her early Christmas present. Me? I'm getting her to the blind Saturday morning and going back to bed. Too much work lately.

Comment

My place is between Flynn and Leona.
                  We have some decent younger deer on camera.
                  So far the only shooter is a big six about 16-17” wide.
                  We try not to take no more than 2 bucks/year off 200 acres.
                  We didn’t have a good fawn crop this year but last year we did.

Comment

Yup, should be prime time!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                      You might be my neighbor. We’re around spring seat area between Flynn and centerville

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        You might be my neighbor. We’re around spring seat area between Flynn and centerville
                        I’m off FM 977.

Comment

I’m just west of Marquez on 7. Lots of bee bucks cruising through but nothing much to speak of yet! Definitely on their feet though.

Comment

Owned property there 35 rs. last week of bow season was always one of our best hunts.
                            Unfortunately coincided with youth. But I would rather hunt with my wife or family and never shoot another deer myself if I had to choose.
                            Good luck guys. One in a blue moon a monster will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post

Your place and your business, but that's definitely too many bucks if you are trying to see bigger and older deer. We have 500 acres in leon County and back up to 1500 acres of wildlife refuge. Granted it floods almost all of that 1500 acres, but we haven't killed a buck in 10 years. I'm sure our neighbors do, but the acreage probably would sustain one buck per 2 or 3 years.

If I didn't have another place to hunt I would try to get our neighbors to form a wildlife co-op where we shared our deer information and tags. The state will help facilitate it. Honestly I'd like to get about a 3000-5000 acre block to all stop shooting bucks at all for about 4 years. After 4 years, we would have a dramatic increase in quality and age structure. This would then allow us to shoot a good buck more regularly with a chance at a monster every so often. Unfortunately, the mentality is....I spent all this money and I want to itch my trigger finger now. Until a vast majority of hunters change from that mentality, we will have sub par, underperforming deer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X