• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
    I took that same screen shot. I think he’s fine. Sucks though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it does.
    But we've all been there. You can't let that make you quit.
    We talk about close shots not because we can't hit a foam animal at 30 yards. Just the foam ones never move.
    12 to 15, or less, is our friend.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. Trad shot went in the neck. A week later I found him alive and cut him off on a trail. Compound second go around to the heart.

Good luck and stay positive. I know the feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
        No vitals in that area or arteries. Missed cervical. He’ll be out and about unless a bad infection gets to it but probably done after a little rest and lots of liquids
        X2, agree with prognosis of Leon County Slayer.

Watch for this deer again, good luck.

Comment

Deer should be good. They are tough. Stuck one in the shoulder with a compound a few years ago. Part of the game. As Ranch Fairy says, “deer are trying not to die!”

Comment

He’s fine. Prob show back up in a few weeks, shot one high last season he was back in a few days.

Comment

He will be back. Get him this year if at all possible. May be a stunted horn next year.

Comment

I agree with everyone the deer is fine and will be back…..
                You can’t control what the deer does at the drop of the string. It happens to compound shooters all the time. You can get it done with the Trad bow!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                  I agree with everyone the deer is fine and will be back…..
                  You can’t control what the deer does at the drop of the string. It happens to compound shooters all the time. You can get it done with the Trad bow!
                  I appreciate that. The more I watch the video the more I agree with you. The arrow flew well. It was going exactly where I aimed... He simply ducked it.

If there had been more background noise... if the wind had blown a little bit... had he been a little closer... had he been a little calmer...

I'm just gonna learn from it and keep at it. I'd really like to kill a deer (cleanly) with this bow before I build the next.

Comment

Not sure I ever posted this. It’s the riser of the longbow.

Comment

I feel your pain. I shot over 5 deer in a season because they ducked me. My primary problem was that I was hunting a travel corridor and I would grunt to stop them. Then they were on point. Apparently I'm a slow learner. Regardless that was the last year I hunted seriously with the recurve. And I hunted successfully with it for almost 10 years prior. But it got in my head and I have not shot as effectively on game with the recurve since. That dang compound will stack em up like cord wood though.

Comment

He'll be okay if it doesn't get infected. I only shoot a compound, and I limit my shots to 18yds and in. Most of the time they are 15 and in.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                          I feel your pain. I shot over 5 deer in a season because they ducked me. My primary problem was that I was hunting a travel corridor and I would grunt to stop them. Then they were on point. Apparently I'm a slow learner. Regardless that was the last year I hunted seriously with the recurve. And I hunted successfully with it for almost 10 years prior. But it got in my head and I have not shot as effectively on game with the recurve since. That dang compound will stack em up like cord wood though.
                          I know... I average 5 deer a year with a compound... that's one reason I picked up trad to begin with.

Comment

man that shot was looking good too! Can't believe how much he ducked.

Hope you get another crack at him!

Comment

He’s back! [emoji12]

Comment

Go get him!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X