X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOWFENCE 1st recurve bow buck

My first trad buck/ trad whitetail goes a little
    Something like this…
    So I had been having pigs come in everyday Monday - Sunday lol non stop !! They were hogging the feeder… no deer, none! It had been couple months since I seen a deer or two on cam ( due to pig problem)
    I told myself I would go shoot them the week before opener, that didn’t work out. They pinned me down at 5 yards with no shot (frontal) Tried to put a stalk on them.
    Anyways fast forward to Thursday before opener, I get one good pic of a big bodied 10 pointer w/ a younger buck and a pic or two of does. I told myself if this older looking 10 came within 20 yards I would try and stick him but I knew I had no chance with hogs being vacumn cleaners as soon as feeder went off. So I told myself if there was any chance of hoping these bucks came in ( younger smaller buck hanging around him) I would have to shoot them pigs Saturday morning.
    That’s exactly what I did, I shot a boar sat morning and that put enough pressure on the pigs to stay away that evening.
    Sat evening comes around, I looked at the 3 deer pics I had, they were between 7:15-7:33 pm and it was now 6:57 pm.
    Good breeze, PERFECT wind for this set! I mean couldn’t have been anymore perfect.
    Clock is now 7:10 ish and I caught movement over my left shoulder. About 45 yards out through mesquites, I see a face and determined it was a whitetail. I than reach to take my bow off the hook , dang it my bow made a slight noise! I told myself I blew it ( even though there was a good 10-13 mph crosswind)
    I beat myself up for next 5-10 mins and finally I see movement again. It’s him , smaller buck identified!! Finally I see
    My buck come out with him and I knew
    It was him.
    For what seems to be the next 35 mins or so, I saw my buck push the younger buck around.
    Originally at 27 yards then slowly and I mean SLOWLY inching his way closer to me.
    He makes his way all the way to 17 yards but due to the fact that he is pushing younger buck around that leaves me with no shot. He’s either frontal or quartering to me. Keep In mind, first attempt at a whitetail with the stick and the string! Lol I’m freaking out.. nothing like hunting with a compound bow… So from 17 he goes back go 19 yards and finally goes broadside . I told myself now or never, he’s getting further at this point and I’m loosing light quick! I quickly “ aim” which isn’t much of an aim as I’m an instinctive shooter and let it fly! Shot felt great, but I knew it wasn’t. I watched him duck !! However I know I heard him crash, or wait I think i did. Your mind starts playing tricks on you sometimes, or instead of you heading it crash it only ran over a cactus or whatever lol
    So I go back to camp and we watch footage, we all think it’s a better shot than I’m thinking it was. We cook dinner and relax for about 1.5 hours or so. I told myself we will go look, as after the shot I didn’t look at all! I didn’t want to push deer in anyway ! We get to Shot sight and it’s starting to look promising at this point! Blood , LOTS OF IT!!!
    I than “dump my dog box” my older dog goes about 30-40 yards in like 2 seconds on Gps and “ sits”dead deer! After that the rest is history . Deer ducked my
    String bad, I’ll get around to loading video here sooner than later.
    For now y’all gonna have to enjoy
    The pics . Thx for reading along !! God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can BEARLY see broadhead cut on bottom pic. 19 yards. ILF /uukha limbs 53# bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great buck, congrats.

Comment

Congrats on a fine buck and your first trad buck as well !

Comment

That’s awesome, congrats on a good one!!

Comment

Nice one!

Good job!

Comment

Too cool! Big congrats on a great bow kill.

Comment

Congratulations again. Dang nice buck.
                  Now go work on those pigs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, that's bowhunting right there!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck, congratulations!

Comment

Good job! Congratulations.

Comment