No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sweated it out a couple times and said screw it. Grabbed the rifle and went to my camp feeder. I minute later...

Comment

Looks like camp meat to me.

Comment

Got my son and my girlfriend's son on 2 big doe this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on them big ol nanny goats!

I sat this evening. Saw 3 mature cat squirrels…. I think one was a buck

Comment

Went and checked on my property in Newton county. The ragweed and tree pollen was too much for me. Swollen eyes and I can't breathe....this time of year is torture on my allergies.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished my food plots and got a new chair in the stand just before the rain on Saturday. Went down after the rain to make sure the stand didn't leak and just do a final check, five minutes later had a spike and 5 doe walk out to eat some protein, this was about 4:30 in the afternoon. Was surprised because that group is usually out there around 7 am and 7 pm. But I guess since I disturbed the area pretty much all day they came early.

Kind of thinking about letting the spike go. He has been hammering the protein and I am thinking about trying to see what he does next year. Although his spikes are pretty long, I think it would be cool to see what he does and if the protein will pay off for him if I can keep it full.

Comment

Had my target come in from down wind Saturday morning and get to 12 yds and gave me no shot before winding me. Changed stands Saturday evening and he stepped out right underneath the tree I was in at 7:20pm. He walked out 5 yds from the base of the tree I was in and gave me a good shot. He was calm and looking away and he turned his head right as I was at half draw and caught my motion out of his peripheral vision and busted me. I was sick. I did stick a 165lb pig this weekend and saw lots of activity. I just put some sweet feed out in piles in another area about 1/2 mile away. We'll see what happens this evening. Gona hunt tomorrow morning too and then head back.

Comment

I feel bad for anyone who wasted vacation to hunt this past weekend. I don't care if it was opening weekend, the heat and humidity were f'ing miserable.

I pulled some cards and left Sunday not even remotely excited about coming back, and then I actually got to look at my cards. Oh boy this season has a chance to be real good. But I'm not sitting in a sauna again, so here's hoping for some milder temps soon.

Comment

^ an early October opener is just a good excuse to dust the cobwebs off and try to recall all those little details that always seem to be second nature by November. I spent the weekend at my place in Polk county I was able to disc (ground was perfect Sunday), brush hog and even exercise some Summit tree stand muscles on Sat evening. I actually saw more alligators this weekend than I saw a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I feel bad for anyone who wasted vacation to hunt this past weekend. I don't care if it was opening weekend, the heat and humidity were f'ing miserable.

I pulled some cards and left Sunday not even remotely excited about coming back, and then I actually got to look at my cards. Oh boy this season has a chance to be real good. But I'm not sitting in a sauna again, so here's hoping for some milder temps soon.

Opening weekend- 33
                      Corey- 0

Just not as mad at em as I used to be thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to work but likely wouldn't have hunted anyways. Cameras showed alot of activity Saturday evening but not much any other time.

Comment

Congratulations to both young men.

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                          Got my son and my girlfriend's son on 2 big doe this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I made it out opening day, and lost about 15lbs of water weight but was able to put a little meat in the freezer.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great just being in the stand but was a typical early bow season hot and lots of mosquitoes. Shot a big boar with my RX4 Saturday evening about 7:00 and was the only thing I saw all weekend. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                Had my target come in from down wind Saturday morning and get to 12 yds and gave me no shot before winding me. Changed stands Saturday evening and he stepped out right underneath the tree I was in at 7:20pm. He walked out 5 yds from the base of the tree I was in and gave me a good shot. He was calm and looking away and he turned his head right as I was at half draw and caught my motion out of his peripheral vision and busted me. I was sick. I did stick a 165lb pig this weekend and saw lots of activity. I just put some sweet feed out in piles in another area about 1/2 mile away. We'll see what happens this evening. Gona hunt tomorrow morning too and then head back.
                                Dang, that is some hard luck man.

Did not see a lot of activity for me, from the little time in ladder stand or on cell cameras during daylight this weekend and was just too hot for me and how far away I park the 4 wheeler to spend all day out there.

Left yesterday and came back today to try a few more days with this good weather.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X