Replace LaPierre as VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    His military career was impressive. That has nothing to do with his political career though. I mean, I know a few guys who retired from military service and are prospering in a 2nd career.

What’s the point you’re trying to make?

John McCain had an impressive military career too, but he also had a political career as a Senator for 31 years.

Would you call 31 years as a Senator a career?
    Define impressive...

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
      Define impressive...

You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        You haven’t added any substance to why he wouldn’t be a good replacement.
        Try adding substance to that.

You said “Educate yourself on Col Allen West and make an informed decision”
        What do we need to educate ourselves with? There’s obviously something you don’t like about the man. What is it?

Kermit the frog would be better than Wayne.
        AGAIN!!!! I “haven’t added any substance to why he wouldn’t be a good candidate” because I’m not convinced he wouldn’t be a good candidate. I have no idea if he would be good or not. I’ve stated this repeatedly. I can only explain it to you, I can’t understand it for you. Please try to have an open mind and re-read my comments on here. At this point your a broken record wanting me to prove something I don’t believe. Hopefully you can convince the board to vote for Kermit I guess
        Dang guys…y’all need to both chill. I will straddle the fence because I know you both and y’all are a lot more alike than different IMO. I actually can see both sides here. Well, except where Rubi says Kermit the Frog would be better than Wayne. 🤔 I mean, he would obviously spend less money on himself but I’m not sure he’s really qualified for the job. 😂

The bottom line is Wayne needs to be held accountable. He’s basically a poster child for political (politicians on the take) term limits. I stopped financing his escapades and lifestyle years ago. I will throw a monkey wrench in this and say that the NRA WAS the best org for gun owners for many years but like a lot of things, it has changed. Until it is reformed I will support other orgs like GOA.

As for West, I personally really, REALLY liked him before his mishandling (IMO) of his wife’s traffic stop. While he had every right to defend his wife’s honor, he could have handled it with a little more humility. Yes, the arresting officer screwed up but so did Mrs West.
        To me, it’s odd how he seems to try too hard to stay relevant and in the public eye. I’m not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing….just an observation.

Comment

He might be right about Kermit. He definitely would spend less money on clothes.

On a single wild shopping trip, Wayne LaPierre dropped over $39,000 on luxury suits.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-16-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He might be right about Kermit. He definitely would spend less money on clothes.

On a single wild shopping trip, Wayne LaPierre dropped over $39,000 on luxury suits.

Freaking insane!! [emoji35]

Comment

The only thing I can "add" to this conversation is that a 20 year career (or longer) in the military does not "automatically" qualify anyone for an executive position. I can give you several examples of "distinguished" military guys who have recently demonstrated that this is NOT the case when it comes to public office or executives... John McCain and Dan Crenshaw are the first two that come to mind...
                The military career does give one an indication that they can follow orders and be an "organizer" but hey, Obama was good at those two! So outside the military career of West, I don't know siccum from com'ere about him other than when he tried to strong arm the police because they hammered his wife on a traffic stop... and a stop that was because she was in the wrong and in violation... He didn't show very good judgement and tactical skills in that situation... imagine if the lefties were out protesting his event and he was running the NRA... He could apply some of that Iraqi interrogation technique or fixing his wife's ticket to them...
                ...I'm jus' sayin'... Since I told the NRA to go suck eggs and stopped supporting them a few years back, I guess technically I have no dog in this fight...
                Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 05-16-2022, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Well said Charlie, I’m a life member of the TSRA, but the NRA will never get another penny from me until until there’s major changes. I’m surprised they are still in business. I guess it’s because constant scare tactics work. They learned that from the democrats

Comment

I saw this on the TexasHuntingForum. It's very interesting and worth the read. Now whether or not it's legitimate I have no idea, but if it is it speaks to what's become of the NRA.

In the last eight months as a member of the NRA Board of Directors (BOD), I have been asked often by NRA members, pro-gun groups and pro-second amendment reporters “Why does the NRA BOD refuse to terminate Wayne LaPierre’s employment in light of the accusations and evidence of mismanag...

Comment

Oh wow.......swirling toilet sound....lol!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

NRA board re-elected LaPierre by a vote of 54-1 over West. Yikes!
                        Last edited by JRL; 05-30-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                          LaPierre beat West 54-1
                          LaPierre is an entrenched criminal, and many of those on the board who continue to vote to keep him in power are just as bad. The NRA's days are numbered if LaPierre continues to lead it. IMHO, he will eventually go to prison, some of the board members with him. It's just disgusting what has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                            NRA board re-elected LaPierre by a vote of 54-1 over West. Yikes!
                            Not surprised at all he would have been a much worse leader. What angers me is that was the best option the organization came up with. Makes me wonder is the NRA similar to the federal government with an establishment situation firmly in place.

Comment

How do I resign from a life membership ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                How do I resign from a life membership ?

Die

Comment

Working...
                                X