Cash-out refi..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Rate sounds reasonable. Closing costs sound high. What area are you in?
    League City, just south of Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Have you considered a Heloc?
      Yes, the interest rate is ok for the first 5-12 months then it varies.

Comment

So the money will be used to buy a couple (at least 2 rental) properties with that will rent for 1300 to 1400 each. I have several properties and just cannot compete with cash investors. I have lost a few deals that have sold for about 80k and then flipped for 150k within several months.
        Last edited by catman; 12-05-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

he might be buying bitcoin, waiting for it to go up a bit, then pay off his entire mortgage

Comment

Just to varify, 15 year FIXED rate at 3.65%?

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
              Stay away from HELOCS. If you've got the equity in your home to do it, a cash-out refi is a much better deal than a HELOC.

Those closing costs don't sound bad to me...I'm a mortgage loan officer and I've got several refis in the works right now. They sound pretty reasonable.
              Thanks, that's exactly what I needed, to make sure the numbers were in line.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                he might be buying bitcoin, waiting for it to go up a bit, then pay off his entire mortgage
                Good one , wait but no I waited too long
                I'm sure 6 months down down the road I would have said "shoulda bought bitcoin instead of investment properties".

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  Just to varify, 15 year FIXED rate at 3.65%?
                  Correct Sir!

Comment

Average closing cost in US is between 3-5k so your in the middle there. If your over 720 credit you are taking a high rate for a 15 year note. If not then it certainly isn’t a bad rate. In TX you can only do an a6 cash out loan.... at least until January then I believe a6 is going away. This will give you a few more options, especially if your a disabled vet. Pm me if you need some questions answered. I practice mortgage here in Texas as well as 20 other states.

Comment

I too am a mortgage lender and those rates and fees seem in line with what we're saying on our end as well.

Comment

A6 is not going away just being amended.

Comment

What’s an a6?

Comment

A6 is a cash out refi. The A6 refers to where it is in the Texas constitution.

Been in the business for almost 30 years.

Comment

Are holding properties or rehabbing/flipping. If flipping a helix can work great for that.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                                Stay away from HELOCS. If you've got the equity in your home to do it, a cash-out refi is a much better deal than a HELOC.

Those closing costs don't sound bad to me...I'm a mortgage loan officer and I've got several refis in the works right now. They sound pretty reasonable.
                                Why is a cash out better than heloc?

Comment

Working...
                                X