Gunsmith Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunsmith Help

Looking for a gunsmith that can replace a damaged barrel on a Ruger M77 7x57. Before you start letting me know that this will possibly cost more than the gun is worth, save your breath. This is my dad’s gun and I/we really want to get it fixed. Please PM me if you know of any competent/ proven gunsmith that we can contact. Thank you.

location there are lots out there but how far are you willing to drive?

Comment

I am in the Waco area. I would also be willing to ship if necessary.

Comment

Alamo Precision can do a barrel swap for you. Give them a call. They are only Hurst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crimson Accuracy would be my suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by venisonhuntr View Post
            Looking for a gunsmith that can replace a damaged barrel on a Ruger M77 Thank you.
            Ruger M77 .... not many GS's have the proper tooling to remove barrels and bed the M77 action. Most will turn down this work b/c it can be a PIA if you don't have the experience or know how to do it right correctly. You will have to call around and see which GS's are willing to take on your job.

Alamo and Crimson both do great work; however you need to speak with Robert and Johnny respectively to see if they are set-up to handle your project. If not, ask if they can provide a referral or know someone who does. Everyone customizes Remington 700's, not many do Rugers

Comment

I inquired about the same thing not long ago. I’m contemplating sending my m77 back to the factory for a re barrel. I would like to keep it as original as I can as it was my first deer rifle

Comment

Working...
              X