125 grain in a 30-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

125 grain in a 30-06

Does anyone else out there use them for deer? My dad hand loaded 125 nosler ballistic tips and swore by them. I’m curious because I see most manufacturers are making a 125 grain soft nose of some sort. They really tamed the recoil down and made it comfortable for me to shoot as a young kid

I reloaded them for coyotes.

Comment

I really liked them in my 308, about 3,000fps seemed perfect. Got good pass thru and not too much expansion. A 30-06 might be a bit fast for them to hold together though, supposedly the 125's were designed for steel with a thicker jacket.

Comment

They will definitely kill a deer but lots of bloodshot meat usually. My Fatherinlaw loved them. He probably killed 50 deer with those things and I cleaned half of those so I’m pretty confident on my review. Now they are perfect for reduced recoil loads.

Comment

Haven't used any 125s, but I've been pretty impressed with 110s on hogs.

Comment

Bought a 30-06 for my son when he was young. I got a few boxes of 125 gr. reduced loads from here on TBH. He shot those quite successfully.

Comment

125's will kill white tail like lightning strikes! I've used them before, (Ballistic tips) and also used the 130 grain Hornady spire point. These were hand loads, but I'm sure factory would do the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X