Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ok. Looks a lot like a guy I went to Clarendon with

Comment

Me and my hunting buddy are headed south to see if we can knock down some critters. It’ll just be us in camp. I absolutely love the one on one time in camp and the stand. We’ll hit the gate around 8:00 PM. Should have a full crew next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!! Weather is going to help get them moving in the next few days.

Comment

Hard to beat this kind of therapy. Hopefully the critters cooperate in the morning.

Comment

Hope y’all have an awesome weekend - best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Hope y’all have an awesome weekend - best of luck!

Thanks! Critters didn’t cooperate today. The stand we hunted this morning didn’t feed. Had a clogged funnel. We did see two bucks and a doe passing through though.

Cooper and I then road around and filled/fixed all 9 feeders and put out alfalfa.

Hunted a different set this evening. Had one doe super early and then two bucks way after legal light, but neither were shooters anyway. We’ll give it a go again in the morning and then roll back home.

Comment

Great thread! Look forward to more updates.

Comment

This morning was foggy!!

Couldn’t even see the feeder until 8:45. Had two does come out at 9 and a small brow tine 8 skirted the rim of the canyon. Another doe at 10 and then we abandoned the stand. Had to winterize the cabin before we left. Supposed to be in the mid 20s tonight. Really wish I could have stayed, but I’ve got a busy week at the office. I think there will be 6 of us there this coming weekend and then Cooper and I will hunt Monday-Wednesday after Christmas. Hopefully we run into some more quality bucks during that time. I expect some dirt naps next weekend. There’s definitely some less than picky shooters coming.

As usual, I wore Cooper out. He was asleep before we ever made it back to the main road. We had a blast even though we didn’t pull the trigger.

Comment

Well done sir. I’ve enjoyed the thread this year

Comment

There’s been some killing on the Fat G. I shot a stud aoudad last night and Matt killed a barbado. Animals should beware. We will do more killing today. Celebrated a little hard last night so they got a pass this morning, lol

Comment

We watched the aggies kick the crap out of Tennessee and played a little guitar and dominoes before heading out for the evening.

More killing... PB WT buck was shot by Keegan tonight.

Comment

Great job on the write up. Just read all the through

Comment

Great thread and very nice harvests.

Comment

Awesome thread and awesome place!

Comment

More killing!

Owen (Matt’s son) shot his first aoudad. A HUGE ewe.

Matt, Keegan, and Owen rolled out this afternoon. I stayed for another sit. I probably saw close to 100 animals this evening. It was an incredible hunt. I was running low on Axis meat so I whacked this girl. She’s quartered up and on ice and I’ll roll out at 4AM.

I’ll be back after Christmas, so hopefully we get some more LDPs for you fellas. It was a great weekend at the Fat G!

Comment

Working...
                                X