Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    you're right Rubi .. i should have been more specific ... only point i was trying to make is the backpressure comment was inaccurate ..

and when it turned into the bad *** 16" 243 ... i just found it amusing too as the specs and performance out of a 16" are almost identical to the 300blk they say suck so bad ..

hard to keep up with who said what ...

so .. low back pressure cans don't necessarily suck
    and 16" 243 = 300blk performance ...

that's all i'm saying!
    LOL I should have elaborated on the back pressure comment. Yes there are very good cans that suppress very well while contributing to lower back pressure. A lot of the guys (OSS being the big one) that claim low back pressure is because they suppress like hammered ****. So yes. My statement as I posted it originally was misleading. Apologies for that OP.

That 16” 243 wasn’t built for speed. I have plenty of rifles built for speed. If you want to have a **** measuring contest with rifle quality and ballistics then let’s do it. And I’m not talking about reading from a stupid article. I’m talking actual rifles I OWN and have a ton of rounds down range with. Quality rifles. Not a 300 blackout and certainly not a Ruger precision lmao. Nobody here started talking **** until you did. Remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
      Come on Anthony, you know you don’t know anything about guns, suppressors, or killing animals, and numbers on paper ALWAYS correlate to real world performance. [emoji6][emoji849]

It’s obvious that all of Imyomama’s “experience” is based off crap he reads online instead of first hand experience.

Not sure why he keeps trying to prove us wrong on the whole back pressure idea when we haven’t even mentioned it at all. I’m figuring Matt was referring to OSS cans in his comment about low back pressure cans not suppressing well, which I would agree with. However, you can’t lump all suppressors with lower back pressure into that category.
      Correct about OSS. I fixed my back pressure statement. I’ll admit how it originally reads is misleading and not accurate. I sometimes forget to elaborate. I need to do so for folks like imyomama that gather info online LOL

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        LOL I should have elaborated on the back pressure comment. Yes there are very good cans that suppress very well while contributing to lower back pressure. A lot of the guys (OSS being the big one) that claim low back pressure is because they suppress like hammered ****. So yes. My statement as I posted it originally was misleading. Apologies for that OP.

That 16” 243 wasn’t built for speed. I have plenty of rifles built for speed. If you want to have a **** measuring contest with rifle quality and ballistics then let’s do it. And I’m not talking about reading from a stupid article. I’m talking actual rifles I OWN and have a ton of rounds down range with. Quality rifles. Not a 300 blackout and certainly not a Ruger precision lmao. Nobody here started talking **** until you did. Remember that.
        you made a blanket statement ... not me. i never mentioned oss .

and your 16" 243 has just about the exact same numbers on speed and energy as the 300blk you call crap ... so by deduction.. it also is crap! sorry if that offends you .. the numbers don't lie

but you are correct on me not owning a 16" 243 ... my suppressed 243 stayed at it's factory length. i added an adapter to get it to 5/8 - 24 ..

i own one and I knew better...

Comment

you made a blanket statement ... not me. i never mentioned oss .

and your 16" 243 has just about the exact same numbers on speed and energy as the 300blk you call crap ... so by deduction.. it also is crap! sorry if that offends you .. the numbers don't lie

but you are correct on me not owning a 16" 243 ... my suppressed 243 stayed at it's factory length. i added an adapter to get it to 5/8 - 24 ..

i own one and I knew better...
          Lmao. You’re making assumptions on those numbers. I never ended up loading for it like planned. I shoot an 18” grendel at hogs. My 300 blk SBR is a 9”. I’ve owned it a long time. Running a full length 300 blk doesn’t make much sense. It was designed on a 9”. That 243 was bought as is to shoot hogs with 95 grain SSTs. That will handily outrun a blackout. I’m not talking out my ***. I’ve seen what both do in the field. And I’m telling you for a fact that a 243 at 16” outruns a 9” 300 blackout with ease. Even a 16” blackout. 243 has substantially higher case capacity than the 300 blackout. While also shooting lighter bullets. Fully aware of burn rates. Run Varget or H4350 in the 243 and it’ll walk all over a blackout.

Comment

certainly not a Ruger precision lmao. .
            my ruger precision shot a .67" group at 300 yard with winchester 150gr few months back

my buddy just put a brand new barrel in his 6mm creed RPR as he shot out his factory one in less than a year shooting matches ..

his new barrel doesn't shoot as consistent as his factory barrel did.

but i guess now you're an expert at that too, rpr's are trash ?? you're not cool unless you dump $5k on a custom chassis gun ?

unless you have a gunsmith buddy who can swap barrels for you , the rpr is the most economical competitive gun out there you can swap out barrels yourself and it's plenty accurate to keep up with most people in your class ...

bergara's are nice, but $500 every time you wear out a barrel is not appealing to me

i only have 2 RPR's (308 and 260) but i'd love to get one in 223 and another in 243 ... got tons of 6mm bullets ..

buddy of mine has it in 6 creed and other buddy in 338 lapua ... (not a fan)

so again i'm talking out of my *** .. you must have one too knowing they're trash .. please share your experience!

what rifle matches do you go to , i'll have my buddy i shoot with check your stats... wait are you EriK Cortina, do I owe you an apology ?

LOL!

Comment

my ruger precision shot a .67" group at 300 yard with winchester 150gr few months back

my buddy just put a brand new barrel in his 6mm creed RPR as he shot out his factory one in less than a year shooting matches ..

his new barrel doesn't shoot as consistent as his factory barrel did.

but i guess now you're an expert at that too, rpr's are trash ?? you're not cool unless you dump $5k on a custom chassis gun ?

unless you have a gunsmith buddy who can swap barrels for you , the rpr is the most economical competitive gun out there you can swap out barrels yourself and it's plenty accurate to keep up with most people in your class ...

bergara's are nice, but $500 every time you wear out a barrel is not appealing to me

i only have 2 RPR's (308 and 260) but i'd love to get one in 223 and another in 243 ... got tons of 6mm bullets ..

buddy of mine has it in 6 creed and other buddy in 338 lapua ... (not a fan)

so again i'm talking out of my *** .. you must have one too knowing they're trash .. please share your experience!

what rifle matches do you go to , i'll have my buddy i shoot with check your stats... wait are you EriK Cortina, do I owe you an apology ?

LOL!
              You talk out your *** often. All hail to you Mr gun expert

Takes me about 3 minutes to swap barrels.

I shot multiple sub 1-2” groups all the way out to 480 yesterday. Factory ammo. I’ve also been on snipers hide for years. Guess that makes me a sniper like your NFA experience coming from a forum?

Yes I strongly dislike the plastic filled RPR. It shot a great group once. Sweet!

And I don’t own a chassis

Remember. You’re the one that started this all over a 16” 243. I’ll let you experts speak now. Have a wonderful day!
              Last edited by trophy8; 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Lmao. You’re making assumptions on those numbers. I never ended up loading for it like planned. I shoot an 18” grendel at hogs. My 300 blk SBR is a 9”. I’ve owned it a long time. Running a full length 300 blk doesn’t make much sense. It was designed on a 9”. That 243 was bought as is to shoot hogs with 95 grain SSTs. That will handily outrun a blackout. I’m not talking out my ***. I’ve seen what both do in the field. And I’m telling you for a fact that a 243 at 16” outruns a 9” 300 blackout with ease. Even a 16” blackout. 243 has substantially higher case capacity than the 300 blackout. While also shooting lighter bullets. Fully aware of burn rates. Run Varget or H4350 in the 243 and it’ll walk all over a blackout.
                there you go again .. i never compared a 16" 243 to a 9" 300blk ..
                16" to 16". .. speed and energy are almost identical ...

love how you change the conversation to fit your numbers ..i can do that too..
                guess what else has 1327ft/lbs of energy an 3296 fps ... 55gr xtac 556 ..

that's same energy and more speed that that neutered 243 ..

but all those are **** and yours is great .. cause you said so ... ok! we'll have to agree to disagree ...

Comment

You talk out your *** often. All hail to you Mr gun expert

Takes me about 3 minutes to swap barrels.

I shot multiple sub 1-2” groups all the way out to 480 yesterday. Factory ammo. I’ve also been on snipers hide for years. Guess that makes me a sniper like your NFA experience coming from a forum?

Yes I strongly dislike the plastic filled RPR. It shot a great group once. Sweet!

And I don’t own a chassis

Remember. You’re the one that started this all over a 16” 243. I’ll let you experts speak now. Have a wonderful day!
                  not going to bite and tell you how many nfa items I own .. but my schedule A is multiple pages ... so there's that!

probably owned firearms when you were still in diapers ..

started reloading over 30 years ago ..

so while i use google to find people who actually chopped a 243 inch by inch proving how a 16" 243 has almost exact ballistics of your so worthless hated 300blk ...

all i said was 16" 243 lol ... after your mis-spoken back pressure comment..

and i stand by my comment .. a 16" 308 ar10 has 1000ft/lbs more energy than the same gun with the same barrel length in 243..
                  where did i mis-speak on that ? is it not true ?

go ahead and post your chrono data .. and your bullet spec ... please prove me wrong .. show me how i'm talking out of my ash. and i'll apologize ..

let's see it

Comment

not going to bite and tell you how many nfa items I own .. but my schedule A is multiple pages ... so there's that!

probably owned firearms when you were still in diapers ..

started reloading over 30 years ago ..

so while i use google to find people who actually chopped a 243 inch by inch proving how a 16" 243 has almost exact ballistics of your so worthless hated 300blk ...

all i said was 16" 243 lol ... after your mis-spoken back pressure comment..

and i stand by my comment .. a 16" 308 ar10 has 1000ft/lbs more energy than the same gun with the same barrel length in 243..
                    where did i mis-speak on that ? is it not true ?

go ahead and post your chrono data .. and your bullet spec ... please prove me wrong .. show me how i'm talking out of my ash. and i'll apologize ..

let's see it
                    You can see my red nuts. Idk why I ever comment back to you. Like talking to a tree. Except the tree is more likable.

Adios

Comment

You can see my red nuts. Idk why I ever comment back to you. Like talking to a tree. Except the tree is more likable.

Adios
                      or you could post the actual data , proving me wrong ... but you can't ..
                      because the data is right ... personal attacks is all you got.

i'll have to agree with one thing though .. an un-neutered 243 is a formidable cartridge in 20 years of hunting with one , not a single deer ever took a step .. only once did I take my ruger 30/06 with 165gr sierra ballistic tip and shot a deer in the heart and had to track it 80 yards ... sold the gun!

i love my 243! nothing i ever shot with it even took a step. that an my titanium remington 260 were my favorites !

or so i read on the internet...

Adios!

Comment

Suppressor

or you could post the actual data , proving me wrong ... but you can't ..
                        because the data is right ... personal attacks is all you got.

i'll have to agree with one thing though .. an un-neutered 243 is a formidable cartridge in 20 years of hunting with one , not a single deer ever took a step .. only once did I take my ruger 30/06 with 165gr sierra ballistic tip and shot a deer in the heart and had to track it 80 yards ... sold the gun!

i love my 243! nothing i ever shot with it even took a step. that an my titanium remington 260 were my favorites !

or so i read on the internet...

Adios!

Why are you so stuck on the data? Who gives a rat’s a** what the dam chronograph says as long as it performs well on animals. That’s the sole reason for the 300 BLK hate. Rubi, Trophy, and I have all owned a .300 blk at some point, and I have seen pretty **** poor performance on game. I’m guessing the had the same experience I did. They are great for their intended purpose: Shooting subsonic in a 8-9” barrel with a suppressor to be quiet and compact, but fall short in almost every other category. If you like your .300 blackout, that’s awesome. But I got rid of mine several years ago and won’t be buying another.

On the other hand, you said it yourself, you have no first hand experience with a 16” .243. You’re just basing your thoughts solely on what you see online.

I’m sure Matt could post pictures of stacks of pigs that 16” .243 has killed, but he’d just be wasting his time since you’re so dead set on that rifle being useless.
                        Last edited by Raider4044; 09-03-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Suppressor

I’ve got a 18” 6 Creed bolt gun being built right now. I’m sure it’s probably useless in your opinion also. Probably need to call and have them switch it to a .300 Blackout instead.

Sorry to the OP that imyomama had to throw in a unnecessary, snide remark and derail your thread. I'm out.
                          Last edited by Raider4044; 09-03-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

run a oss helix on a 308 17" barrel a bunch! aint even noticed the sound difference between it and my silencerco harvester and my gun stays clean so..
                            whateves

Comment

Why are you so stuck on the data? Who gives a rat’s a** what the dam chronograph says as long as it performs well on animals. That’s the sole reason for the 300 BLK hate. Rubi, Trophy, and I have all owned a .300 blk at some point, and I have seen pretty **** poor performance on game. I’m guessing the had the same experience I did. They are great for their intended purpose: Shooting subsonic in a 8-9” barrel with a suppressor to be quiet and compact, but fall short in almost every other category. If you like your .300 blackout, that’s awesome. But I got rid of mine several years ago and won’t be buying another.

On the other hand, you said it yourself, you have no first hand experience with a 16” .243. You’re just basing your thoughts solely on what you see online.

I’m sure Matt could post pictures of stacks of pigs that 16” .243 has killed, but he’d just be wasting his time since you’re so dead set on that rifle being useless.
                              why do i care about the data ?
                              2 calibers .. chrono at same speed , same weight .. same energy!

given everything is almost identical spec wise .. the only delta would be the bullet composition itself ..

you guys are trashing 300blk , ok! that's fair .. it's not for everyone.. shot placement is important ...

but where it becomes hilarious , is your go to is no faster and has no more energy than the one you're bashing...

I have plenty of experience with 243 .. it's been my goto for 20+ years ..

but 243 uses slow powder and need longer barrels to perform as designed ..

you making an opinion that a 16" 243 is great while a 16" 300blk suck goes totally against the fact that they have practically identical ballistics ...

and for the record , i never said it was useless .. i think it's very capable .. just as capable as my 16" 300blk ... they have identical ballistics .

but comparing it to a 243 with a 24" barrel the way it was intended is a waste of an ar10 ... that's all i'm saying ...

you're lugging extra pounds for no energy or speed benefit .. given bullet choice with the same performance ... they should be practically identical ...

but you guys won't acknowledge any of this ... so whatever!

Comment

I’ve got a 18” 6 Creed bolt gun being built right now. I’m sure it’s probably useless in your opinion also. Probably need to call and have them switch it to a .300 Blackout instead.

Sorry to the OP that imyomama had to throw in a unnecessary, snide remark and derail your thread.
                                says the guy who himself posted 8 posts out of topic !
                                you don't have to apologize on my behalf ... do it for yourself

and 6 creed 18" will blow the doors off that 16" 243 too ... step in the right direction! with less case capacity!

sorry OP !
                                too much misinformation out there ...
                                go to a silencershoot event .. best way to hear and touch all your options ...
                                i wouldn't trust people that don't look at data objectively.

i apologize for derailing your thread..

Comment

Working...
                                X