If you were going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    I think the main problem people have with .300 blackout is they go in with skewed expectations. Know it's limits and know what projectile is going to work best with your setup. There is no magical reason it won't kill stuff just fine.

I think “you’re preaching to the choir” on this one. There are some people that might need to hear this, but in this post, probably many experienced hunters, and shooters, making comments and know their stuff when it comes to this sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      I think the main problem people have with .300 blackout is they go in with skewed expectations. Know it's limits and know what projectile is going to work best with your setup. There is no magical reason it won't kill stuff just fine.

In my experience with the BO, it operates so close to the edge of adequacy, that you have to wait more for the shot you need….that’s not how I hunt pigs, especially at night. Unless you just want to go sub sonic, which is fairly pointless to me, the 6.8, and the Grendel are just superior rounds for hunting.

Comment

I am not an AR guy but shot pigs and Whitetail when I lived in Texas.
        Why not just a fast twist 223 with a 70'ish gr bullet? Seems to me that would be plenty of gun for what the OP is wanting to do. Am I missing something since I am not an AR guy?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          In my experience with the BO, it operates so close to the edge of adequacy, that you have to wait more for the shot you need….that’s not how I hunt pigs, especially at night. Unless you just want to go sub sonic, which is fairly pointless to me, the 6.8, and the Grendel are just superior rounds for hunting.

I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
            I am not an AR guy but shot pigs and Whitetail when I lived in Texas.
            Why not just a fast twist 223 with a 70'ish gr bullet? Seems to me that would be plenty of gun for what the OP is wanting to do. Am I missing something since I am not an AR guy?

LoL, because everybody has a 223, including me. Just something different.

Comment

I don’t disagree but I have killed a pile
              of pigs, deer and coyotes with mine. Most were one shot drops.

Only ones I consider inadequate are subsonic rounds and trying to make body shots.

Know the limits, stay within them and it will kill effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heck, some of you guys will probably rag on guys using recurves lol

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                  LoL, because everybody has a 223, including me. Just something different.

More guns makes sense to me!

Comment

Heck, some of you guys will probably rag on guys using recurves lol

Not everyone can be a real hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Only ones I consider inadequate are subsonic rounds and trying to make body shots.

Know the limits, stay within them and it will kill effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      That’s exactly what I mean, killing pigs is not about waiting for the perfect head shot, it’s about killing pigs. Usually only the 1st one is a precise shot, then we have running pigs, weird angles, etc. There are several other rounds that are substantially more effective at killing pigs that way than the BO, that don’t have such tight “limits”.

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                        that’s exactly what i mean, killing pigs is not about waiting for the perfect head shot, it’s about killing pigs. Usually only the 1st one is a precise shot, then we have running pigs, weird angles, etc. There are several other rounds that are substantially more effective at killing pigs that way than the bo, that don’t have such tight “limits”.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

100%

Comment

True statement. Why limit yourself unless you're going strictly sub

Comment

I need to get sighted in and go shoot a pig or two. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. When I build my “play cash” account back up I will look at some other calibers, but the main reason, as stated before, was that I have a lot of BO ammo already, as well as the necessary components to reload a lot more BO ammo.

Comment

I need to get sighted in and go shoot a pig or two. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. When I build my “play cash” account back up I will look at some other calibers, but the main reason, as stated before, was that I have a lot of BO ammo already, as well as the necessary components to reload a lot more BO ammo.

GOOD LOOKING SETUP. That the PST Gen II or Strike eagle scope. I just put a 1-6x24 Gen II on my SBR and really happy with it

Comment

Shoot yeah! Nice rig for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X