Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

First round is shipping by Friday/Monday to my warehouse in Fort Worth. The shipments were smaller than they expected but the 2nd round looks to be better and it should ship out the last week of the month, so I'm shooting for the first week of March for your scope to be in IF we get the numbers they sent over today on my allocation list. Fingers crossed!

Appreciate the update.

Bundle up, it’s about to get cold.
    Last edited by Lip; 02-11-2021, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Got out and played a little last night. 20 degrees and 10 mph wind, it was pretty chilly for this old man. Not much moving except coyotes and jackrabbits, but the coyotes were moving good! Using my Hogster 35 as a scanner and my XQ50 Thermion to shoot. 90 grain TNT's in a 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

now that's cool!

Comment

That is one of the mounts I have been looking at. I think it would work pretty good. Main thing I have to solve is the Hogster 35 won't connect via wireless (as far as I know) and I am going to have to use a cable and let it connect to a tablet or something that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Depending on quarry and terrain I’m right there with you on the 2.5x. I think it’s perfect for hogs. For coyotes I prefer the 3x a bit more though.
            Agreed. Looks like my wish has already been answered! Looks like the Halo X 35 mm is going to be 2.5 base mag............ I need to start saving up lol.

Comment

Our first run at getting on the boards for the Wise County Hog Contest, nothing "board worthy", but a productive 4 hours!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG014.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24644541

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8196 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	24644542
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbx8qpVX6wg"]Recon Rooters Hunt#1 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                Our first run at getting on the boards for the Wise County Hog Contest, nothing "board worthy", but a productive 4 hours!
                [ATTACH]1040292[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040293[/ATTACH]
                Recon Rooters Hunt#1 - YouTube
                Ok, seriously, laying on the ground, hog with blood shooting out his side and running straight at you…that has got to be exciting!!

Comment

Hopefully we’ll see more AGM Rattler video content as the first retail batches are shipped over the next several days. I’ve been disappointed in the limited number of videos that have been posted on social media by those who received scopes to test in advance of the production units.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                    Hopefully we’ll see more AGM Rattler video content as the first retail batches are shipped over the next several days. I’ve been disappointed in the limited number of videos that have been posted on social media by those who received scopes to test in advance of the production units.
                    Amen. All these new scopes out that you know have been in hands for months and ain't crap for videos hardly. Can't hardly find anything on the new thermion at all and been in hands since January and you know test units were out before that.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                      Do you want video recording capabilities? Sound with video? There are several sub-$3k scopes that have been announced and about to be shipped so you’ll get a more educated answer in a month or two but keep your eyes on the Bering Optics Hogsters and AGM Rattlers. Both have a couple models in your price range. Hogsters would need an external DVR for recording, Rattlers have onboard recording. If you can put several hundred more dollars with it the Pulsar Thermion XQ38 would be a good option. It has recording and sound. Call Jason with Outdoor Legacy Gear. He’ll ask some questions and give you a solid recommendation.
                      I do not care for any recording capabilities. I'll give Jason a call. I see he responded in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                        I do not care for any recording capabilities. I'll give Jason a call. I see he responded in this thread.
                        No one better in the business than Jason. Supply is very limited right now so be prepared to wait but this will be the case with any dealer.

Comment

How will the snow affect thermal? I'm guessing it will be great with snow on the ground, but what about while the snow is falling?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            How will the snow affect thermal? I'm guessing it will be great with snow on the ground, but what about while the snow is falling?
                            Just like fog or humidity. Kills the picture. You’re reading the temp of the moisture in the air and not having near the visibility you would with clear skies.

Comment

For those of you that run large fields and walk in, are you running tripods or bipods? Obviously the tripod I’m sure is more stable, but is it worth the extra bulk/leg to mess with over a bipod?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                For those of you that run large fields and walk in, are you running tripods or bipods? Obviously the tripod I’m sure is more stable, but is it worth the extra bulk/leg to mess with over a bipod?
                                Tripod absolutely. I’ve shot off Primos trigger sticks bipod a few times before, and while they work they’re nothing like a good tripod. Another good thing I like about tripods is leaving them standing with the rifle (bolt open of course) facing the direction of fire while we go look for deads etc. Usually have a rifle mounted flashlight or laser we turn on that directs us where we need to go. Then we can always come back to point A easily, and start over, pick up brass, etc when needed. Believe it or not it’s not to difficult to get turned around in the complete dark when stomping all over fields.

Comment

Working...
                                X