The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    Video from this past weekend. Cotton tail in distress was working all weekend.

https://youtu.be/ovlCqVgNnXo
    I really thought the animal at the 2 minute mark was a deer....

Comment

Things are pretty quiet from iRay on the Alpha.

Do you know if they intend for the Alpha to be compatible with the LRF module if/when it gets FDA approval?

Comment

The ALPHA I assume will be more expensive and try to imitate the Reap/Halo LR in terms of price and features, along with image quality?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          I really thought the animal at the 2 minute mark was a deer....
          I was thinking the same way. Even the way it jumped and ran.

Comment

Video from this past weekend. Cotton tail in distress was working all weekend.

https://youtu.be/ovlCqVgNnXo
            Yikes!!!! All I got

Not sure I would post this online

Comment

Originally posted by jofus View Post
              Things are pretty quiet from iRay on the Alpha.

Do you know if they intend for the Alpha to be compatible with the LRF module if/when it gets FDA approval?

They are wisely offering no ETA on the Alpha. They already expected it to be ready so no need to keep coming up with dates, only to have to push it back if it's delayed.

The current plan is for the Rico MK1 and Alpha to both be compatible with the LRF if and when the FDA approves it.

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              The ALPHA I assume will be more expensive and try to imitate the Reap/Halo LR in terms of price and features, along with image quality?
              The Alpha is currently expected to be $6,999 and be the exact same internals as the Rico MK1. The ONLY differences will be that the Alpha has custom US manufactured exterior housing, painted coyote tan, with a different magnetic USB battery connector and different focus knob. The Alpha will come with a spare battery and the American Defense mount, which would normally cost $370.

So take a Rico MK1 and remove the housing/body and put a new one on it. That's the Alpha. No changes to the image quality, magnification, features etc. Now to be clear, anything is subject to change but that is the current plan from iRay.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                100% a coyote. I was not the shooter on this video, I was on another gun with digital nightvision with 4.5x base mag and got several great looks at it. Unfortunately it is an older digisight and does not have recording.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Yikes!!!! All I got

Not sure I would post this online
                  Why is that?

Comment

100% a coyote. I was not the shooter on this video, I was on another gun with digital nightvision with 4.5x base mag and got several great looks at it. Unfortunately it is an older digisight and does not have recording.
                    yeah I see the coyote/fox too.... right behind that Axis

Comment

That's what I see as well...

Comment

Looked like an antelope of some kind the way it was bouncing.

Comment

It just doesn’t appear to be one to me. Looked like a yearling deer with a bigger doe behind it. To me a coyote came in a long ways off and when it went behind trees it jumped 3-4 deer up. Coyotes have a very distinct movement walking and running.

I’m just going to say I think it’s a good thing the person behind the gun missed! If in fact it was a yote then that was one very large yote behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                            Looked like an antelope of some kind the way it was bouncing.
                            I dont disagree and the reason why I was extra careful in this situation was because there is black buck in this pasture. We for sure had a 100% confirmation that it was a coyote. Coyotes do bounce sometimes like shown in the video below at the 13-15 second mark. I have watched a few other videos from the same guy where they bounce the same way but I have not had time to find it.

Comment

There were other deer in that pasture for sure which is why we were so careful lol.

Comment

It just doesn’t appear to be one to me. Looked like a yearling deer with a bigger doe behind it. To me a coyote came in a long ways off and when it went behind trees it jumped 3-4 deer up. Coyotes have a very distinct movement walking and running.

I’m just going to say I think it’s a good thing the person behind the gun missed! If in fact it was a yote then that was one very large yote behind it.
                                Everyone is entitled to their opinion. All I can say is that I put the digital nightvision on it and saw that it was a coyote. If you look at my previous posts you will see that I am big on positivly IDing animals.

Comment

Working...
                                X