Crazy Bear Kill Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Bear Kill Story

There is a type of bear that according to Alaska Fish & Game is not table fare? Leave the meat for the coyotes. Really?

This would of scared me to death. Thank god he had a big boy pistol.

May 23—Trevor Schneider peered through his scope, a 1,000-pound brown bear made small by 1,410 feet of distance. For Schneider, of Bonners Ferry, it was a reasonable shot. He's killed animals from farther, after all. He slowed his breathing, each breath condensing in the chill of the Alaskan evening. It was 8 p.m. on May 13 and Schneider and his sister Tana Grenda were on their fourth day ...

Wow!

Comment

Hard to believe a bear could take 3 rounds of .338 to the "lungs" and still cover that much distance

Comment

That is a vision and memory that will be engrained in your brain for ever. WOW....

Comment

There's a reason you don't shoot dangerous game at 470 yards ....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            There is a type of bear that according to Alaska Fish & Game is not table fare? Leave the meat for the coyotes. Really?

This would of scared me to death. Thank god he had a big boy pistol.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coastal-b...150100999.html
            Brown bear...they don't require you to take the meat.

Read that story yesterday, it says black bear a couple times, and brown bear a couple times...pretty sure that was a brownie.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
              There's a reason you don't shoot dangerous game at 470 yards ....
              And bring a back up rifle. A FNAR 308 would get the job done.......

Comment

Hair raising, can't even imagine drawing down on a pizzed of monster like that with my Casull. Their pucker factor had to be off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Hard to believe a bear could take 3 rounds of .338 to the "lungs" and still cover that much distance
                  One to the lungs, but probably not a good lung shot, then one to the neck, and one to the shoulder. So at that point you have a POed 1000 bear, wanting payback.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                    Brown bear...they don't require you to take the meat.

Read that story yesterday, it says black bear a couple times, and brown bear a couple times...pretty sure that was a brownie.
                    They claimed to be on a black bear hunt, in a area that is full of large brown bears. The whole story seems to be about hunting brown bears. For some reason they wanted to claim they were on a black bear hunt and not a brown bear hunt, not sure why. To me, it sounds like if you are going hunting bears in that area, you are there after big brownies, not black bears.

Comment

They obviously did not get all shots in vitals. Got a text from my buddy yesterday who is in Alaska hunting spot & stalk brown bears w his bow. Said he shot one at 10 yds yesterday. Waiting for pics.

Comment

Yahoo boogered up that story. But they got charged and will never forget that part!

Comment

The whole story reeks. No way he hit the bear with the rifle like he stated. Secondly, if you can't clear a jam in a bolt action before a bear covers 400+ yards, you don't know much about guns or hunting.

Comment

Crazy experience for them. Lucky it worked out

Comment

That’s how I’d like my future brown bear hunt to go.
                              Memories! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X