I Made a Poor Shot on an MMR Spike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Made a Poor Shot on an MMR Spike...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMIYZlyTdoQ"]Poor Shot on Spike in South Texas! Hyper Smooth Slow Mo - YouTube[/ame]

It wasn't ideal shot placement, but I got lucky and was able to find the deer. I hesitated to share this video at first, but the reality is sometimes things don't go exactly as planned.
    My Flickr Photos

Good video, it happens.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the not so perfect shots too. As always, excellent video.

Comment

That should have caught the descending aorta right at the iliac. Very fast kill if hit there.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What camera are you using? That was some great slow motion.

Comment

Congrats. Were y’all able to find what vital was hit?

Comment

That Traverse would have worked through that "Indian" issue and curved it around to the double lung via pure mojo!...

Seriously though glad you found it..Congrats!...Love the spin slomo on the arrow. Must have hit the artery just under the spine, huh? I'll take luck all day long.
              Last edited by Smart; 02-01-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

It happens glad yo found it

Comment

Cant make a perfect shot every time, but a shot that leads to a dead animal is still a "good" shot. Great video as always, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the share Michael - great video and glad things worked out.

Comment

Always good content Michael. Congrats on the spike.

Comment

While not a perfect shot. It was a killing shot.
                        Congrats.

Comment

Do you typically hunt without an arrow knocked?

Comment

Glad you found him.

Always enjoy the slo mo

Comment

Top notch all the way around! Your video skills are proven over and over and this is just another example. However the REAL work comes in on the production, and you're gettin' pretty good at that too sir! My congratulations to you on the deer and the video production! That stuff in "National Geographic" quality stuff right there!

As far as the shot, it wasn't really "that far back"... Looked like the quartering was pretty severe, especially at arrow impact. Looks like you should have centerpunch of the liver and the angle of the exit tragectory was down. Notice the arra hit the ground very close to the deer because as the arra was going thru him, he was wheeling around which allowed to arra to exit quite far forward, and up a bit... might have even got a bit of the offside lung.

How far did he go, and did he die where he went down the first time? Sure would like to see a video of the dissection to see what the arra hit and the broadhead cut.

Comment

Working...
                              X