2020-2021 LBJ Grasslands !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
    Haha thanks Texas Grown. I remember you from the Lake Whitney forums. Good info all around here. Thanks guys.

I've spent my fair share of time at LBJ too. Shot my biggest buck to date there in '97.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I've spent my fair share of time at LBJ too. Shot my biggest buck to date there in '97.

I think he’s saying you get around too much Mike! Hope all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No scouting for me yet, probably won’t scout till season opens but I have a general idea of where I wanna be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
          I think he’s saying you get around too much Mike! Hope all is well!

Maybe when I was younger .
          Don't get around so much now. [emoji849]

But I'm still kick-n. [emoji12]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-15-2020, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I’ll be heading out to my favorite LBJ spot Monday evening to do some scouting and set up a brush blind with son. I’ll pull my camera cards then and see.... good luck to all! Looks like we will move into some fair October weather!

Comment

The amount of movement I've seen at LBJ Grasslands relative to Caddo (Bois D'Arc and Ladonia) is substantial. The doesn't seem all that different so I wonder why its the case.

Comment

Got out today for several hours with my son... we scouted around 100 acres... found plan A and plan B if we sho up and someone is in A ... y’all be safe out there! We ran up a few snakes in the grass.. we were at the Neal 39 and Hopewell 41 sections. Lots of tracks and waterholes ..

Comment

Here's a good video about thermals. It all hasn't sunk in for me yet but I'm learning. Thought this was a simple and informative video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GldhsivkG5U"]Thermals Explained Using Video from Our Past Hunts - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Doing some final scouting at Caddo this weekend. Are Caddo National Grasslands and LBJ listed together for any particular reason?

Comment

Only on the NF maps. Caddo has a WMA but LBJ doesn't. They're on the NF maps together because they are both grasslands.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnfajitas View Post
                        Doing some final scouting at Caddo this weekend. Are Caddo National Grasslands and LBJ listed together for any particular reason?

They also have different requirements, as in Caddo requires APH permit, LBJ does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnfajitas View Post

The Caddo and LBJ N.G. are managed by one Ranger District and part of the National Forest and Grasslands in Texas. The District office is located in Decatur at 1400 Hwy 287 N. Phone # is 940 627-5475. Jeff Stoney is the District Ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                            They also have different requirements, as in Caddo requires APH permit, LBJ does not.

Gotcha. I imagine that makes LBJ a little busier than Caddo. This will be my second year hunting public land, so I’m not sure it will matter anyways. I’m just trying to learn as much as possible, so that every year is better than the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              The Caddo and LBJ N.G. are managed by one Ranger District and part of the National Forest and Grasslands in Texas. The District office is located in Decatur at 1400 Hwy 287 N. Phone # is 940 627-5475. Jeff Stoney is the District Ranger.

A Froggy sighting!!!

, Hope all is well brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                A Froggy sighting!!!

, Hope all is well brother.
                                Thought they only came out at night?

Comment

Working...
                                X