No announcement yet.

Problem with duck guide in Seadrift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are areas south of Houston that guides hunt public water and leave their decoys out the entire season. If this guy is Bruce Risner he is an a****le. He doesn't guide for a living, he is a brick layer. He only guides to pay for his duck hunting hobby. In fact if he is navigating coastal waters and accepting pay without being a licensed coast guard captain then there is your way of nailing him. I used to guide duck hunts for a lodge in Winnie years ago and Bruce Risner worked there. He was the biggest cry baby I have ever seen. We had lots of land spread out and would try to let some areas rest during the week, we found out that he was booking his own hunts and hunting these spots when no one was around to keep him in check. One morning one of my guide buddies set up in a pit blind and after daylight there was old Bruce set up on the levy about 100 yards away with his party cutting off the birds swinging into the pit/decoy spread. We talked about it and fired him after pulling that mess. He then would stand on side of the road in front of our lodge advertising his guide service. Last I heard he had pretty much been ran off by everyone east of Baytown.

Comment

i didnt read through all these replies but if someone does that to me its gonna get ugly. Its one thing to set up beside me but i be dammed if someone is gonna pick up my spread. The guide has no right to touch my gear. I would probably go set about 50yds from his spread and sky blast any birds within 100 yds. And if he said anything there would probably be a altercation. Its about hunting curtosy. If you touch my gear or hunt my blind then just get ready cause im coming in hot!! And just for the record, i dont care what anyone thinks of what i would do, im just letting the op know what i would do. For the guys saying oh thats no laws broken, well yall didnt grow up hunting the waters i did evedentally cause crud like that aint tolerated.

Maybe while he is set up you should throw your dekes out then go over and start picking his up. Thats what he did to you. Can you imagine the look on his face!!

Comment

LOL on this guy. Talk about self promotion.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
          Sorry, but throwing your decoys out the evening before doesn't mark your spot. In fact it probably ticks a lot of people off that do get out there early like everybody else to get a spot. You're lucky he leaves your abandoned decoys in the blind for you.

Personally, I would leave your stuff alone and go find a new spot. It's not a huge deal to me but I know a lot of people would do even worse to your decoys than this guide is doing. Don't sit your boat in his spread like others have said or you will be the one getting slapped with hunter harassment. You did the right thing by just picking up and going somewhere else. It's all part of public hunting.
          x2

Comment

I realize it's public hunting. Most of the guys that hunt around us we know. Typically we would set up a spread of decoys on a Friday afternoon along side with fellow hunters in the area just seein what's goin on. In a few instances he has walked a little less than I mile from his blind to ours and put our decoys in the blind at around 4:30 in the morning. We are gunna do the same this weekend and set up all through the marsh with people in all of our blinds

Comment

I hope he does the exact same thing he has been doing. Why don't you just wake up at 3 and beat him out there?

Comment

Originally posted by DXTroughneck View Post
                i didnt read through all these replies but if someone does that to me its gonna get ugly. Its one thing to set up beside me but i be dammed if someone is gonna pick up my spread. The guide has no right to touch my gear. I would probably go set about 50yds from his spread and sky blast any birds within 100 yds. And if he said anything there would probably be a altercation. Its about hunting curtosy. If you touch my gear or hunt my blind then just get ready cause im coming in hot!! And just for the record, i dont care what anyone thinks of what i would do, im just letting the op know what i would do. For the guys saying oh thats no laws broken, well yall didnt grow up hunting the waters i did evedentally cause crud like that aint tolerated.

Maybe while he is set up you should throw your dekes out then go over and start picking his up. Thats what he did to you. Can you imagine the look on his face!!
                when you leave your gear out overnight its a different story. It's actually illegal

Comment

Well i know Bruce Risner and he is a real piece of work to say the least, and yes he did pull the plug on 2 boats and sunk them. He was banned from the anahuac refuge. Had to move from his neighbor hood because of ongoing problems with his neighbors, which got him arrested a couple of times. Bruce has definately made a name for himself around the east side of town, just ask around lol. He will eventually mess with the wrong guy, its just a matter of time, he has no common courtesy when it comes to duck hunting and is just a weirdo

Comment

Working...
                  X