Wide Cut Fixed Two Blade Head Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for suggestions for my trad setup. I've been shooting Silver Flame XL Redline version, but not seeming them available anymore. Really want a 1.5" cut fixed two blade.

Think I might have to go with Simmons, even thought I'm not crazy about the blade shape. For the price I'll roll the dice.

Looks like Schwacker bought Steelforce, and I see thay have a 1.5" cut head, but it just looks flimsy. Also only 100 grain.

Seems like Carbon Express Pile Drive is not made any more???

Iron Will is too expensive.

Legit Silver Flame XL is also too rich for my blood.

Alien Archery has a head, but seems like a lot of effort. Maybe???

I'm not aware of any other options. Am I missing any other wide cut two blade fixed heads???

Thx.

3 Rivers sells some wide 2 blades . Can’t remember the names .Iron will make some too .

Comment

RMS Cutthroat

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        RMS Cutthroat
        That's not a wide two blade!

OP, Simmons heads are nice, but a pain to sharpen, and keep sharp. The RC is too low, and they dull easily in the quiver.

Regarding other options, you can get a 1 3/8" Zwickey Delta, or 1 7/16" Ace Super Express

Also worth considering the Magnus Black Hornet 4 blade. It's a mean head, and it will cut a big hole for a good price.

Or... you could switch to a three blade like VPA.

Personally, I prefer 3 and 4 blade heads. And I love the IW wides because they get scary sharp, and STAY scary sharp. All the cheaper heads I've used require touch ups frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
          That's not a wide two blade!

OP, Simmons heads are nice, but a pain to sharpen, and keep sharp. The RC is too low, and they dull easily in the quiver.

Regarding other options, you can get a 1 3/8" Zwickey Delta, or 1 7/16" Ace Super Express

Also worth considering the Magnus Black Hornet 4 blade. It's a mean head, and it will cut a big hole for a good price.

Or... you could switch to a three blade like VPA.

Personally, I prefer 3 and 4 blade heads. And I love the IW wides because they get scary sharp, and STAY scary sharp. All the cheaper heads I've used require touch ups frequently.
          The Ace would be a contender, but I want a screw in. I guess I forgot to mention that part.

I like the black hornet, shoot them out of my compound.

I don't mind sharpening heads that lose their edge after a few shots, so that's not an issue for me, as long as I can sharpen them. That's why I'm leery about Simmons. After looking at the Alien archery stuff a bit more, the price is higher than I want to go, but it is a 6 pack, and the blade shape is similar to IW, though the steel is not. Maybe they are an option.

Comment

Grizzlystick offers the same broadhead as the redline in the silver flame 125 gr XL

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
              Grizzlystick offers the same broadhead as the redline in the silver flame 125 gr XL
              I'm cheap. I can't pay $30/head, especially when the GS version of SF is said to be of lesser quality.

Comment

I dig the Simmons, I’ve had great success with them on two different trips to Africa and they have worked great for me on NA game as well. The cut is nothing short of devastating and they have resulted in a lot of short tracks over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 6 cx pile drivers I will sell. Five are unused. Pm if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                    I have 6 cx pile drivers I will sell. Five are unused. Pm if you are interested.
                    Thanks for the offer, but I’m looking to start using something still in production.

Comment

I’m shooting the alien Matrix 150 gr single bevel out of my compound set up this year. I got them shaving sharp. Also got the 175 gr single bevels for the recurve shaving sharp. Those are a different model of alien and not as wide though

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdacious View Post
                        I’m shooting the alien Matrix 150 gr single bevel out of my compound set up this year. I got them shaving sharp. Also got the 175 gr single bevels for the recurve shaving sharp. Those are a different model of alien and not as wide though
                        I was looking at the 175 grain Matrix double bevel.

You like yours so far?

Comment

I’m liking them so far! The come decently sharp out of the package but I used a stay sharp jig and it worked well. They fly good and are quiet. I’m interested to see how they do on a deer.

Comment

I'm testing out some of the Variable Blade System broadheads from Vector Custom Shop. I'm shooting the 1 1/4" 150gr version w 7/8" bleaders but they also have a 1.5" version. I'm not real fond of the steeper blade angles on the 1.5" version though but that's just my personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                              I'm testing out some of the Variable Blade System broadheads from Vector Custom Shop. I'm shooting the 1 1/4" 150gr version w 7/8" bleaders but they also have a 1.5" version. I'm not real fond of the steeper blade angles on the 1.5" version though but that's just my personal preference.

https://vectorcustomshop.com/product...oadhead-system
                              Never heard of these before. 1-1/2" cut main blade with 1-1/8" bleeder would be NASTY.

Comment

Working...
                              X