Quick Rant - Baby Showers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Rant - Baby Showers

Just learned that we will be hosting a baby shower for my wife's niece, who I barely know. I thought it was awesome, as it would give me a pass to go do my own thing. I was then informed that I had to be here - that it is a "couples" baby shower.

When on God's green Earth did men start getting pulled into this crap?

Can we as men please take a stand and reverse this idiotic trend?!? If ANY gathering has the word shower in the activity title, no man should be anywhere on the property.

Men don’t put up with couple baby showers. Those are for guys.

Comment

I have heard of it going on for the last decade. I SMDH every time I hear about men going to them. May as well go to an Avon, Mary Kay, or Tupperware party when you leave.

Comment

Prayers up for Trey.

Comment

You can lead the pack. Just say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            Just learned that we will be hosting a baby shower for my wife's niece, who I barely know. I thought it was awesome, as it would give me a pass to go do my own thing. I was then informed that I had to be here - that it is a "couples" baby shower.

When on God's green Earth did men start getting pulled into this crap?

Can we as men please take a stand and reverse this idiotic trend?!? If ANY gathering has the word shower in the activity title, no man should be anywhere on the property.
            I'll bet you're going to be there.

Comment

Sounds like you need to identify as "single" on said day.

Comment

Truth! I went to one and they had a contest for the men drinking beer out of a baby bottle. What a bunch of nonsense. I opted to drink beer out of beer bottles and was still miserable. Might as well invite dudes to the bachelorette party with a bunch of male strippers there. Makes about as much sense.

Comment

As a woman, I totally agree with you. Baby showers are for women.

And they are generally hosted by the woman's sister or close friends, not distant relatives.

Comment

Let us know how it was

Comment

Blah blah blah blah blah...I'm a man...Blah blah blah blah...ain't no sissy...Blah blah blah blah blah...ain't putting up with this BS...Blah blah blah blah...I'll do what I want...Blah blah blah blah...<okay honey, whatever you say>
                      Last edited by HUNTNETIME; 06-02-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I didn’t go to my wife’s baby shower for our daughter. No way I’m going to anyone else’s.

Comment

I’m not sure if I just don’t get invited to these, or my wife laughs at the thought of it, but she goes to all of them without me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been to a couple but no men's games. All my male inlaws are pollock and belgiums so beer drinking was our activity.

Comment

Tell her you have some emergency mortgage work you need to handle.

Comment

Working...
                              X