Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Reed's Metal Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed's Metal Warning

I purchased a Galv-con building kit the 2nd week of June from Reed's Metal in Sulphur Louisiana. I was told that it would be 5-6weeks (with a promise to do it quicker if at all possible) for delivery from time of deposit, it took 2 days shy of 8 weeks. Was told that the 12' sidewall version was rated for 130mph winds so the 14' that I ordered would be good for around 110mph. If its good for 75 I would be shocked.

Start going through materials during layout and they didn't give me any base angle and only sent perlin material for a girt at 5', leaving a span of 9' without a girt.

Supposed to be z perlin for the girt and they sent C perlin, not that big of a deal at the end of the day but its not what the assembly brochure calls for.

Called them and was told that I could drive over there to pick up the base angle, nice gesture but I don't have a 25' trailer so no real help. Asked them to send it over on their trailer and was told no.

Rather than find a trailer long enough and make the 40 minute drive over there to pick it up I went to the supplier that 4 miles away and bought it from them.

Questioned them about the perlins and only 1 girt line and was told that its not their problem. "It's not a kit its just pieces and that it was my responsibility to verify that the necessary components were ordered." Mind you I ordered a Galv-con Kit and its their design not mine so how am I supposed to know what is needed.

Due to the flimsy "kit" I went to the local supplier again and purchased additional angle to make clips and additional perlins to add another girt line and beef it up. Going to add x bracing also to make sure its plenty sturdy.

Get the building framed up and start looking at the metal sheeting and its too short. They did not account for the 8" eve strut or the 3" of rafter tail so the sheets are 11" to short.

I tried contacting them but have not heard back from them as of yet. After talking to a few folks I know, I am hearing others have had horrific experiences with them also.

Consider this my warning to not do business with these clowns. I am also building a barndo after this one is complete and my brother is putting up a shop and barndo as well. They will for sure lose those 3 buildings and I am making sure everyone I know is aware of the hazards of dealing with Reed's.

I put this post on their FB page. I'm sure they'll delete.

Comment

The only money you should have spent is with your attorney. What a headache!

Comment

The only thing you should be buying from coonies is seafood, boudin, cracklins, and pirogues

Comment

Just got off the phone with them an they are going to give me a partial reimbursement. Not the my ideal remedy but I'll take it.

Comment

They deleted my post within minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Lol.......thanks for the help. They got back with me at 1:51 so I have a feeling your post is the reason they responded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                Lol.......thanks for the help. They got back with me at 1:51 so I have a feeling your post is the reason they responded.
                Good job Bobby !

Comment

Thats terrible. They sound lile a bunch of crooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                    If they don’t take care of you update us here. I’m sure a few hundred more of us could repost it and keep them busy for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      The only thing you should be buying from coonies is seafood, boudin, cracklins, and pirogues

Truth! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        If they don’t take care of you update us here. I’m sure a few hundred more of us could repost it and keep them busy for a while.

That'd be worse than "Cat Facts". In fact, they might wind up pay-n him above and beyond to make it stop.

Comment

well, posted on their fb page again.. now after business hours.. hope it stays up a while

edit: and removed after 1 F5 click... hahaha

Comment

I say we all post it

Comment

Man I’m glad you posted this, I was considering buying from them. I have FB and will post it again until they make it right. Give us an update and let me know if you want me to post a review again.

Comment

Working...
                              X