Coleto creek bow hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coleto creek bow hunt

I’ll be hunting at coleto creek this weekend and was wondering if anyone who has done it before has any tips. This will be a first for me.

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
    I’ll be hunting at coleto creek this weekend and was wondering if anyone who has done it before has any tips. This will be a first for me.
    It's been MANY years (probably close to 20) since Casey and I hunted there. Great memories, but I don't remember much about it! LOL! My only tip is - don't lock your keys in your vehicle!

Good luck and keep us posted!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great place and plenty of deer. We've had success over existing feeders and non feeder areas. Have fun and good luck!

Comment

Thank you! The map they sent out is not great so google maps scouting has been almost impossible.

Comment

What compartment will you be in? If it's C then I can offer a little advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
            What compartment will you be in? If it's C then I can offer a little advice.
            I will be in C. Sending a pm

Comment

I got drawn one year, but I couldnt go. They said you had to bring your own stand or ground blind, and own feed, if you wanted to feed. I didnt have my own blind at the time. I also talked to someone that had done it, and they said it was pretty crowded, but I dont know if all that was misinformation or not. Good luck to you.

Comment

Hunted a few times there. If it’s hot deer don’t move very good. Lots of pigs.

Comment

In the stand now for the third sit of the weekend. First two were busts, but we’ve seen deer on the way in and out before the morning and after the evening hunts. It’s hot, humid, and windy. Hopefully we can make something happen this evening.

Comment

In the stand now for the third sit of the weekend. First two were busts, but we’ve seen deer on the way in and out before the morning and after the evening hunts. It’s hot, humid, and windy. Hopefully we can make something happen this evening.

Good luck, we aren’t far from Coleto Creek and deer movement has definitely slowed down the last 1.5 weeks, at least on camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had a yearling spike roll through. He gets to walk.

Comment

I hunted there maybe 15 or so years ago. Had a great time. We had a group of 5 or 6 and stayed in the ranger's cabin or something like that. It had a nice firepit and a dock on the water. Saw tons of deer... after dark while driving around. Hunted 2-1/2 days and never saw a deer during daylight hours.

Good luck w/ your hunt!

Comment

Just had a yearling spike roll through. He gets to walk.
                          Are you hunting where I suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                            Are you hunting where I suggested?
                            I am, my dad is set up closer to the station.

Comment

Got Drawn for compartment A this year for 11/05-11/07. Will be staying in the Employee cabin as well. Have the whole compartment to myself and a buddy. The others from my group backed out. We have ground blinds and other stands.

Should be fun if nothing else. any other tips and tricks?

Comment

Working...
                              X