Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTA Requiring Perfect DL to Purchase Guns??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTA Requiring Perfect DL to Purchase Guns??

FYI:

I just bought a new handgun at Academy this morning and when I handed over my drivers licence before the sale the guys says "Oh NO" I sometimes use it to open my doors with it and its rough on the edges. He said he was ok with it but the other guy said no and he called the manager to make the decision. The manager said it was ok and I got my gun... Just a heads up. If I had to get a new driver's licence with their new rules about appointments and get birth certificate it would have been a pain in the you know where. I asked him if it was Academy thing and he said no it was a memo sent to them two days ago.

So, if you want to purchase a gun for Black Friday I hope your DL is good to go.

Not sure I understand. Your DL was rough around the edges, and they received a memo (from whom?) so one clerk would not accept it? That’s crazy! I assume you don’t have CHL.

What is FTA?

Comment

Counterfeit IDs are often roughed up to mask imperfections.

Comment

I haven’t received any notice of this.

Comment

Sorry the ATF .... apparently they sent the memo to everybody according to Academy two days ago. Yes, my drivers licence is rough around the edges but not to bad. The clerk was pretty upset with the new rules. He said they had denied two customers already.

No CHL

Comment

Infringement!

Comment

Mine looks like I’ve been sanding pipe fence with ot

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Mine DL is pristine, oh yeah that's right. It's not a Texas DL anymore [emoji17]

Waiting on my 90 days so I can buy my resident hunting license.

Comment

I've been at the gun counter on Black Friday before and seen what they get to deal with but I still don't think they care if they sell any guns at Academy.

Comment

I am here to admit it. I read this post and yet I still sat through the long line at the gun counter today just to be told that the crack in my license disqualifies me for purchasing a shotgun for my daughter. I guess if you read it on TBH it must be true.

Comment

That rule is gonna save a lot of lives.

Comment

This sounds 100% like an Academy rule and not an ATF rule

Comment

Mostly want clarification on how you use a DL to open your doors and why

Comment

How does your dl get messed up. I’ve had them for a little more than 30 years and never screwed them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              I haven’t received any notice of this.
                              Y’all did see Artos’ comment above? I am fairly sure he has a FFL and I would have thought he would have been notified of this requirement stated above.

Comment

Working...
                              X