Ground Blind Hole Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Blind Hole Repairs

Gentleman, the storm two nights ago was less than kind to one of my ground blinds. I ended up with a few small holes from the blind rolling across the prairie and into a barbed wire fence.

The blind is in great shape other than the small holes. Well, last year someone was helping me to brush in an older blind and accidentally ran a oak limb through the side of it.

He told me that at work they use Sill Tape for just about everything. He had a roll in the truck so we flattened out the hole taped it with the sill tape.

When I took the blind down last year it was still in great shape so, I figured I'd try it again. Went to a lumberyard and found out that Sill Tape is made of Unicorn Tears and is quite expensive....like $35 a roll.

The lady recommended the Gorilla Duct tape. I tried that tonight on the newly damaged blind. I noticed that it is rubberized and stuck to the fabric very well. I am curious what the longevity of it will be and wanted to pass on the tip.

Anyone else have something that works well for patching small holes in ground blinds?

I just use duct tape. Put some on last year and it is still holding after being folded up all summer. Could use the camo pattern if you are worried about the silver.

Comment

I'm interested as well. Have an old 7x7x60" doghouse style blind with double windows on all sides that a tree limb fell on. Has a big hole in the roof that I'd like to repair. The company that made it went out of business 3 years after I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by ateagleton View Post
        I just use duct tape. Put some on last year and it is still holding after being folded up all summer. Could use the camo pattern if you are worried about the silver.
        I just figured the sun would bake it off in the Texas heat.

Comment

I use Tenacious Tape…some of it has been on my blinds for 3-4 years

Comment

It holds up to the weather and sun so far

Comment

I patched both sides of a tear in a canopy with gorilla tape 2 years ago. It's still good.

Comment

Go the Walmart and buy the iron on camo patches in the arts and craft department. U can cut them to sizes. I put a patch on both sides on a tear and outside on any small hole. Very simple permit fix

Comment

I know you mentioned yours rolled, but what I’ve started doing is covering the blind with a HD tarp which keeps the sun and falling limbs from punching holes in it.

Comment

I use black colored duct tape for the inside to seal windows from light and wind leaking in, has lasted through 3 seasons. The heat seems to bake it on pretty good. Some other choices I'd go with would be tenacious tape, or if I wanted to get fancy I'd use some aqua seal by gear aid.

Comment

John you might try taping the back of it and painting the front with black Flex Seal. Then remove tape from inside and repeat.

Comment

Gorilla clear adhesive tape has held since last year. Sticks to fabric and itself real well. I covered my holes inside and out.

Comment

Working...
                        X