No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look like some fish catchers to me. How molds liokba little pricy but worth it on the long haul I would think. How much are the raw materials?

Comment

Did some new stuff on a rainy day. used some foil to get some flash for fishing the lights and epoxy with powder pigment eyes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        Did some new stuff on a rainy day. By far the most complicated process so far, capsuling, air brushing and heat blending. Inspired by the missing tiger, haha.

Man those look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One more.
          Attached Files

Comment

By far my most complicated process, capsuling, air brushing and heat blending. Inspired by the missing tiger, haha
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texastechred View Post
              Look like some fish catchers to me. How molds liokba little pricy but worth it on the long haul I would think. How much are the raw materials?
              A gallon of plastisol is about $40 and it makes several hundred lures. The pigments, dyes and flake can be overwhelming. It's not a cheap hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Man those look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                  By far my most complicated process, capsuling, air brushing and heat blending. Inspired by the missing tiger, haha

These are really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried a difficult new process tonite. Poured a layer of clear plastic on a 300 degree mold, let it cool and then airbrushed it. You can't paint the outside with water based paint, it will rub right off. You can paint and then clear dip it but it takes away from the action. There were a few failures along the way and I still see ways to improve. Thanks for the kind words, I don't show the bad ones lol.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You just keep right on developing your skill set sir! Just when I drop my jaw, you post some more jaw droppers!

Comment

great stuff!

Comment

Made a few replacement lures this evening. The ribbon tails have been doing most of the work lately.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And the baby bass worms.

Comment

I also did a couple golden croaker for all the croaker soarers out there. They're very time consuming. Capsuling, airbrushing (on the inside of the clear capsule) and heat blending. They came out pretty cool.
                              Attached Files

Comment

One more.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X