Who's lying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's lying?

Looks like I'm gonna run a vertical laser level down the string and see which one is telling the truth. [emoji849][emoji849] The rubber band around the yellow leveler keeps it against the string. If it's not over serving, it doesn't have a tight snap to it and will lean outward at the top. That's a portion of toothpick glued on the edge, for the rubber band to hook to, in case some of you have the same leveler and you've seen that lean. I'll have to post the results of the one that is reading correctly. With either one leveled, I can't make an eyeball judgement of the straighter line. They're so close, but still..... Ugh ... Lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I just noticed that it's hard to see in the pic and they look the same. The orange (OMP) is dead center. The yellow bubble edge is outside of the right line.

Comment

Get a third level. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        Get a third level. :-)
        Lol yes. Just get a few more and go all the way down the string. [emoji2957]

Comment

I don’t think you can achieve an accurate reading as the string looks bowed to me.

Comment

Doesnt look to me like the string is in correct in the yellow one. You can see the string at the top and not the bottom. Could be the reason the yellow one is off.

Comment

you would think the yellow would be more accurate since it has more surface area touching the string. But it has got to be attached right as you said.

Comment

Try checking the other side of the string.

Comment

after using those things a few hundred times i took a 4" level and drew vertical lines on the wall in my shop,,, back up a couple of feet and look at the string compared to the lines ....just make darn sure the lines are perfectly vertical when you make them! been doing it like this for 17 years now

Comment

Joe Biden and all the Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      I don’t think you can achieve an accurate reading as the string looks bowed to me.
                      An illusion. Can't go any farther into the groove.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        you would think the yellow would be more accurate since it has more surface area touching the string. But it has got to be attached right as you said.
                        True, unless the part snuck in from China. [emoji2957]

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          after using those things a few hundred times i took a 4" level and drew vertical lines on the wall in my shop,,, back up a couple of feet and look at the string compared to the lines ....just make darn sure the lines are perfectly vertical when you make them! been doing it like this for 17 years now
                          Yes Sir. I just don't have a clean wall in my archery room to do it. Lol. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Joe Biden and all the Democrats.
                            That's already known. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              I replied to the wrong quote. The string cant get any straighter from limb to limb under tension, unless something was in the way, like a string stop, but there's not. [emoji4]

Comment

Working...
                              X