small stool or chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small stool or chair

I was on one of the TPWL hunts and needed a smaller quieter chair to take in.
    he Academy type was too loud and bulky.
    In the 80's I had an old wooden came type stool that attached to my day pack and worked well back in old South Texas trophy deer hunts
    Ideas.

For Nilgai I had metal stool, wrong back pack and no place to carry the small tripod I took in to shoot off of. I use a mono pod but with Nilgai you need the rifle on the tripod ready to lift up and shoot.
    Thanks, Jim

I bought one of these at a home and garden show the other day. Gonna try it for spring turkey!

Attached Files

Comment

That is neat and could clip to your back pack.
      Let us now how it works. Looks quiet and easy to handle.

Comment

That looks kinda cool, but the pessimist in me can see it collapsing on you, right at the moment of truth.

Comment

I have one and it's great for 3D but can creak a little when you shift your weight.

Comment

Have you looked at the folding academy tripod seats? $5.99 super light and can tuck into any corner you want have used them all over Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have tried them. My favorite in the 80's was the old wooden camp stool. It attached to my backpack and rattling horns.

Off AP I ordered one of the pop up buckets and Target has a old school folding camp stool similar to what I had years ago in metal not wood.

I will see what happens. Hunting Nilgai you are sitting a lot of the time. Ask "Throwing Darts". He just sat better than I could or really he found more fresh poop than I could.
                thanks, JimD

Comment

I use a Millennium G100 chair. It’s stupid how much they sell them for but it’s really light weight and so comfortable you can sit all day. Here’s mine tucked in the brush for Nilgai.

For nilgai I’d also recommend a Bog Death Grip over your standard shooting sticks. It will hold your rifle vertical so when it comes time to shoot all you have to do is put your cheek to the stock. It saves you from having to hold the gun at all which makes it easier to sit all day.

Comment

You look as orange as I did. lol I was not in full camo but I was sure to put some orange markers where I walked in and away from me but were anyone could see them in the distance. Looks like you did find a wahea low area. If I ever get to go back I will do better but I got there Wed noon and knew little to hunt them.

Were you able to shoot all three in the same low area or did you have to keep moving once you shot?

I appreciate the sharing I have not hunted a lot of years but have15-16 k in the Hill country that I can do photos, shoot hogs and dogs but the deer are about half pet. It is interesting when you can have 150 to 230 class deer walk within 20 yards of you on some of the ranches.
                    Last edited by JimD; 03-09-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Spring loaded seat

Some one had rec the plastic pop up round stool. AP has about 15 different sellers and price points. Got one for 24? And it appears to work well. Uaed it with my portable bench rest. Wt 2 lb 9 oz
                      And the crossbow board For a very accurate but cheap crossbow a Barnett XP 350 for around $200 dollars I had bought one because my centerpoint which was made by men Kung was a POS with way too much strain to rail pressure and ever was accurate.

The Walmart Barnett XP 350 appears to be the same as the Barnett XP 370 from people on the board Weighs about 6 pounds and it’s really accurate out to 50 yards it’s also got a great trigger in about three 3 1/2 pounds like the expensive bows.
                      Anyone know it’s really nice and cheap and shoots 352-353 for 8 arrows.

Except for weighing a little bit more than I like the stool appears to be a winner compacts down good hook on your backpack and shooting I had it closed up about a third to fit my portable rest. The bow was just nice surprise because at my house in Boerne I have a whole lot of axis and white tail around the feeder. The crossbars for my grandkids getting a good chance to get a deer out about 30 yards. Jim

Comment

I have packed this one in... I think it is similar to what you are looking for, but also has the back rest.

Comment

I have that same chair I used in South Texas And Nilgai Hunting I looked like the Beverly hillbillies I had that chair a tripod backpack and Gun

It was old backpack it didn’t fit well and the chair and the tripod kept banging. I want some type of set up attached to my backpack which is reasonably quiet oand hands-free because I could’ve not shot in 30 seconds with all that junk Clanging around And hands full

I have one of the Browning camp stools that’s at the house that I wanna see if that will fit with the backpack. Something out of work catch the chair and your tripod to your backpack so that it’s quiet in your hands free to shoot off hand if need be

Thanks everybody for their advice keep it Coming JimD

Comment

Working...
                          X