If you could Live to be 100 years old during anytime in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake03 View Post
    I've always been intrigued about the old days and I guess I would fall somewhere around 1880-1980.

I have been listening to some history podcasts over the past several weeks....one of them is Legends of the Old West (Red Cloud's War, Little Bighorn, Billy the Kid, Jesse James, etc...). Fascinating and I've been hooked!! Also a couple of others are Infamous America (Bonnie and Clyde, Mob stories, Dillinger, etc.) and American History Tellers (The Guilded Age 1870-1900, Roaring 20' Great Depression, etc.) The one reoccurring thing has gotten to me is the amount of killing of human life...it was such a different time in the 1800's up through the early 1900' and even through 1930's. If you like history, you should check these out!
    Tagged to look up later. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      Yall are overthinking LOL this. Its hypothetical. Whining about air conditioning and modern conveniences. Good thing some of yall were born in the soft times [emoji23].

Let me try and help the OP since this thread should be good.

Your god just came to you and said you are done here but since I like you, you get another lifetime. Not a repeat of this one. It must be a time in history you find the most interesting. You have no choice in the matter and stop whining about air conditioning you are embarrassing me and yourself.

Now choose or go to hell in 5, 4, 3, 2……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Then I may go pillage and plunder with you.

Comment

At 68 years of age, maybe five years sooner. I wouldn't take for the time I've been here.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
          Same!

Comment

Well you tried OP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lots of softies on here.

Some of y’all are not realizing the fact that you’re not gonna be missing all the comforts we have today. Diseases, famine, and pandemics are not going to kill you. You’re going to live to be 100.

I’m actually surprised how many agreed with my 100 years timeline.

I’m shocked how many love the time we are in and want whatever the future holds. Hopefully nuclear war isn’t in the future.

I’d say overall our Country probably peaked over 20 years ago. I know I wish my grandkids grew up in the world I did vs the woke political correctness that has plagued our Nation. Kids today will never play outside after school riding bikes, building ramps, forts, and just being kids. Staying out and hurrying home before dark.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
              Same!

This does require a little look into history for sure.

Comment

I've always been intrigued about the old days and I guess I would fall somewhere around 1880-1980.

I have been listening to some history podcasts over the past several weeks....one of them is Legends of the Old West (Red Cloud's War, Little Bighorn, Billy the Kid, Jesse James, etc...). Fascinating and I've been hooked!! Also a couple of others are Infamous America (Bonnie and Clyde, Mob stories, Dillinger, etc.) and American History Tellers (The Guilded Age 1870-1900, Roaring 20' Great Depression, etc.) The one reoccurring thing has gotten to me is the amount of killing of human life...it was such a different time in the 1800's up through the early 1900' and even through 1930's. If you like history, you should check these out!
                That’s THE thing that has struck me about all the history I’ve been reading. The world has always been a violent place, and it seems that whomever was willing to be the most violent always wins. Not a pretty picture for the future, or heck, now.

Comment

Same!
                  Enjoy! Let me know how you like them.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                    That’s THE thing that has struck me about all the history I’ve been reading. The world has always been a violent place, and it seems that whomever was willing to be the most violent always wins. Not a pretty picture for the future, or heck, now.
                    Yep...always kind of knew it, but when you stop and really think about it and listen to people tell stories, it really makes you realize and, like you alluded to, wonder about the future.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

1790 - 1890. That way I would have been 16 when Lewis and Clark returned from their expedition. By the time the fur trappers/mountain men stating exploring the west I would have old enough to be part of it, exploring a world that had never been seen by white men. I would finish up about the time the west was settled.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                          1790 - 1890. That way I would have been 16 when Lewis and Clark returned from their expedition. By the time the fur trappers/mountain men stating exploring the west I would have old enough to be part of it, exploring a world that had never been seen by white men. I would finish up about the time the west was settled.
                          Excellent choice. Too tough for me though. Those expeditions where brutal. The following fur trading business would have been very profitable early on.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            Then I may go pillage and plunder with you.

Oh yeah, good times for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                              I love the idea of living in the 1800-1900s. However the more I think about it, I would have to pick living when Jesus was alive. Being a part of the first disciples. Telling firsthand stories about the man Jesus Christ would be pretty awesome!

Guess I'll have to settle for telling firsthand stories about the Holy Spirit Jesus Christ.
                              I'd want to be about 20 in year 1 AD.

Comment

Oh yeah, good times for sure.

Especially if we get cool helmets

Comment

Working...
                                X