Ammo Shortage & Price Gouging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    I'm flush with the ammo I shoot. Not enough to fight in a rebellion but enough for hunting for lots of years. I won't be hoarding more or price gouging.
    I agree 100%. I don't have enough to fight a rebellion either, but more than enough to resupply off dead enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      What's gouging?

If I have a lot of ammo but don't want to sell is it gouging when market price goes up so much I change my mind and sell some?
      Nobody is making anyone buy anything. If they don’t like your price they can go someplace else. That’s what I’ll do, but then I wasn’t caught with my drawers down around my knees either……..

Comment

I saw Remington ammo for .308 & 30-06 at a gun show this morning, priced 2 boxes for $35. If I had either caliber of gun, I'd have bought all the guy had.

Comment

Bought a box of 212 eldx 300 prc. Online. After damages I paid close to 6 bucks a round.

Shafted…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gouging is a mythological creature in a free market

Nobody needs ammo…. It’s a want… if you pay it that’s it’s value, not what you think it was worth or what it cost to make it. You pay it… that’s it’s value

$40k truck for $70k… they pay it, that’s it’s current valve
            $1,100 acre land for $18k…. They pay it that’s it’s value
            $7 .223 ammo for $35 if you buy it that’s it’s value

If fuel tomorrow is $25 a gallon there will be a mad country…. That will b and moan as they fill up there tank to go to a kids baseball game

Pay it= market value

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Gouging is a mythological creature in a free market

Nobody needs ammo…. It’s a want… if you pay it that’s it’s value, not what you think it was worth or what it cost to make it. You pay it… that’s it’s value

$40k truck for $70k… they pay it, that’s it’s current valve
              $1,100 acre land for $18k…. They pay it that’s it’s value
              $7 .223 ammo for $35 if you buy it that’s it’s value

If fuel tomorrow is $25 a gallon there will be a mad country…. That will b and moan as they fill up there tank to go to a kids baseball game

Pay it= market value
              Exactly.

Besides that. It's a choice on whether you overpay for ammo or not. I don't overpay for ammo. I haven't since this whole covid thing started and I won't. Simple as that. I know what ammo used to cost and what it will again at some point and I ain't doing it. We're not going to war tomorrow with anyone because the majority of people in this country don't have the nuts to do anything of the sort. So I'm not paying 45 dollars so I can shoot at 20 coyotes or blow it on prairie dogs. That's insane.

If my life depended on it that's one thing. But it doesn't and won't.

What blows my mind is how people can't understand why ammo is hard to find or is crazy expensive. It's that way because of the people that don't understand it. Quit buying all that crap like they're going to stop making it and it won't be like that. I'm practically retarded and I understand that much. People in this country are just flat stupid asses. It's not rocket science for Christ sakes. If there's a demand for it why wouldn't the price go up? Duh!
              Last edited by okrattler; 03-05-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Heck it was hard to find dog food at Walmart today. There getting low on it

Comment

For a while people were buying krap Russian ammo out of desperation. Is that stuff still available?

Comment

I started buying Norma ammo recently. Price is decent and is at my door in 4-5 days. I buy it directly off the Norma website.

Comment

Ok yall start buying it up, better hurry.

Comment

Remington tweeted they're sending 1 million rounds of ammo to Ukraine

Comment

Remington just needs to put green and yellow .300 wm 180gr on the shelves already

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            Remington tweeted they're sending 1 million rounds of ammo to Ukraine
                            Richard Childress himself is donating a million rounds of ammo.

As was mentioned a whole bunch of 7.62x39 and 7.62x54 is being used in Ukraine. I believe that Tula, Wolf, Red Army Standard. The largest makers of the steel case Russian calibers are Gov't owned arsenals. We can see their efforts going to support Putin.

As far as gouging goes. Come on...How long have people been posting about with supply and demand here? YEARS! and y'all don't have that dance down yet?
                            Last edited by Tony Pic; 03-06-2022, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Exactly.

Besides that. It's a choice on whether you overpay for ammo or not. I don't overpay for ammo. I haven't since this whole covid thing started and I won't. Simple as that. I know what ammo used to cost and what it will again at some point and I ain't doing it. We're not going to war tomorrow with anyone because the majority of people in this country don't have the nuts to do anything of the sort. So I'm not paying 45 dollars so I can shoot at 20 coyotes or blow it on prairie dogs. That's insane.

If my life depended on it that's one thing. But it doesn't and won't.

What blows my mind is how people can't understand why ammo is hard to find or is crazy expensive. It's that way because of the people that don't understand it. Quit buying all that crap like they're going to stop making it and it won't be like that. I'm practically retarded and I understand that much. People in this country are just flat stupid asses. It's not rocket science for Christ sakes. If there's a demand for it why wouldn't the price go up? Duh!

Thats hilarious! I say the same thing about myself. Then I look around and see that the majority of people are dumber than I am and I know WE ARE SO SCREWED!

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                                Remington just needs to put green and yellow .300 wm 180gr on the shelves already
                                I agree!

Comment

Working...
                                X