Anybody shoot SIRIUS Arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody shoot SIRIUS Arrows?

I’ve always hunted with Easton FMJ 5mm and switched to AXIS 5mm this year due to lack of availability. Thinking of switching things up this year and was doing some research and came across the SIRIUS arrows.

This year I had a few snap on me. One of these was on a buck I hit a little far forward and caught shoulder. I was fortunate enough to have him show up a month later and made a better shot and brought him home. Just seems like in the past I’d have gotten through that shoulder and into the vitals enough. Was almost like watching an arrow bounce off a brick wall. Maybe I got a bad batch. I’m shooting 70lbs on a Hoyt carbon rx5 for reference

Won’t be anything wrong with the Sirius and think they will work fine. Did you have any added weight in the front? Or standard insert?

Comment

I was researching arrows myself and was between them and day six. Ended up going with the day six with 100 grain insert\collar and 125 grain head. Put my arrow weight at about 565 with 15% FOC. The shoot great and hit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
        Won’t be anything wrong with the Sirius and think they will work fine. Did you have any added weight in the front? Or standard insert?
        Have been shooting standard weights with 100g heads. Trying to understand FOC a little better and figuring out the right formula.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
          I was researching arrows myself and was between them and day six. Ended up going with the day six with 100 grain insert\collar and 125 grain head. Put my arrow weight at about 565 with 15% FOC. The shoot great and hit hard.
          Thank you and appreciate the feedback. I’ll check those out. I have been trying to learn more about FOC and what the right build will be. I’m sure there will be some trial and error but that is part of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
            Thank you and appreciate the feedback. I’ll check those out. I have been trying to learn more about FOC and what the right build will be. I’m sure there will be some trial and error but that is part of the fun.

I ended up a little heavier than I wanted and may drop down to 100 grain heads. However, really liking the way they fly. Tested out 3 and 4 fletch with various Q2i Vanes. The 3 fletch Fusion-II’s and Rapt-X vanes seemed to fly the best. I’d probably give a slight edge to the Rapt-X though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not shot them yet. I did do a static spine test on the 150 spine.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                I have not shot them yet. I did do a static spine test on the 150 spine.
                Thank you for taking the time to send. Great data

Comment

I shoot sirius Apollos. I use black eagle half outs.. I want my arrows around 450 grains. I like axis too but they end up in the 500 range when finished. Sirius will spine align and cut them to length for you if you don't have a saw.. only other arrow I'll shoot is victory rip tkos but they are hard to find..
                  I had a bad experience this year with a black eagle rampage. Hit the leg bone on a big hog and the arrow exploded. From that point on my number one priority is arrow durability. I've shot through leg bones with easton axis in the past. The Apollos seem to be just as tough with a little less gpi..
                  Last edited by jds247; 03-05-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X