No announcement yet.

Sea Sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to try a patch next time. Weirdest thing, I grew up fishing offshore / deck hand on sport fishing boats and never got sick. Last year we went on our annual trip and was sick the entire time! Guess something about getting older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bonine works better for me. Take one about an hour before leaving the dock.

Comment

Just DO NOT use the patch and take Dramamine together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          Stay up on deck!
          This for me. Have a couple buddies with SF’ers and the only time I get nauseous is when going down to the restroom when it’s rough.

Comment

I hate how sleepy dramamine makes me. I use to take it when I was a kid and it would flat knock me out. I don't take anything anymore. But I guess it might be better than puking all day.

I agree strongly with keeping hydrated and start working on that the day before and the morning before you get on the boat.

If they start feeling bad keep the fresh breeze blowing in their faces and watch the horizon. The only times I get to feeling a little green anymore is when I am hot and working on something, rigging tackle or whatever and I have my head down in conjunction with getting hit with gas fumes, exhaust, etc. That is the one-two punch for me. As soon as I feel it if I can get fresh air going on my face and watch the horizon a minute it quickly subsides and I can get on back to what I was doing. I have not puked in many years but I know as soon as I start feeling iffy to get up, get fresh air and watch the horizon for a few minutes until it settles out.

Comment

None of that fufu holstic stuff works coming from someone who gets seriously sea sick and has tried it all...and cost me many offshore trips. Scoplamine patches work peroid end of story. Dramine works also but you so stupid tired/loopy the trip isnt fun.

Comment

Lots of cold water , orange crackers , sipping a 7up , patch 24h before the trip,
                I hate dramimine it makes me sleepy and sours stomach

Comment

Scopolamine patch.

Comment

Those using Transderm-Scop patches (aka scopolamine), put on the patch on the night before the trip, don’t wait til the morning or when you get to feeling sick. It is too late then.

I don’t like them, the one time I used one, I felt horrible for a couple days after wearing it. I don’t get sick easily though, thankfully.

Don’t discount taking your shoes off and going bare foot (if it is safe).
                    Last edited by Greenheadless; 06-26-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I’m going offshore in the morning, supposed to be 1-2 ft seas so should be fine. Been sick once but seas where 5ft plus

Comment

Jump in the water for a bit. Cool off.

Comment

Listen to me on this. All the above is garbage. You need to have your wife Wrastle with your shirts off 2Xs a day the week prior. And then the morning of the fishing trip. The endorphins set off during that time are amazing.

The following week you will be on your own. Enjoy the week prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            Stare into a tackle box
                            This will tell you if you are going to have a problem really fast. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sea Sickness

Comment

7-11 breakfast and a few beers

Comment

Working...
                                X