TYHP Event Announcement Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP Event Announcement Dates

Does anyone know when they normally start to set the calendar for the upcoming TYHP hunts? I keep checking it every week or so, just to make sure I am not missing them. I assume they wait until a little closer to season before they start putting dates in their online calendar. I did the hunter's education with my kid at Bass Pro a couple of months ago, so we should be good to go on that part.

I have never gone on one but I have heard nothing but great things about the program. Unfortunately, we just found out that we lost our lease this year (LO sold to solar panel company.) It's a bit too late for me to try and get on another lease, plus I doubt I will ever be able to find one as good & close as my last one. I don't blame the land owner for selling, although I am not crazy about these solar farms taking these vast tracts of land. It just sucks to find out last minute with no warning. I am hoping I can get my 10 year old son on a TWPD or TYHP hunt this year to make up for lost lease. We usually sit in a stand 40+ days a season, so the first year without a lease is going to be quite the adjustment.
    Last edited by kingfisher_jr; 06-17-2022, 11:21 PM.

Send a PM to RGB, he is the HMFIC in N. Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher_jr View Post
      Does anyone know when they normally start to set the calendar for the upcoming TYHP hunts? I keep checking it every week or so, just to make sure I am not missing them. I assume they wait until a little closer to season before they start putting dates in their online calendar. I did the hunter's education with my kid at Bass Pro a couple of months ago, so we should be good to go on that part.

I have never gone on one but I have heard nothing but great things about the program. Unfortunately, we just found out that we lost our lease this year (LO sold to solar panel company.) It's a bit too late for me to try and get on another lease, plus I doubt I will ever be able to find one as good & close as my last one. I don't blame the land owner for selling, although I am not crazy about these solar farms taking these vast tracts of land. It just sucks to find out last minute with no warning. I am hoping I can get my 10 year old son on a TWPD or TYHP hunt this year to make up for lost lease. We usually sit in a stand 40+ days a season, so the first year without a lease is going to be quite the adjustment.

We will open our calendar for posting new TYHP hunts (2022/2023 season) on July 1 - please visit us at www.tyhp.org. From that point forward, Huntmasters or TYHP staff will post hunts as details are finalized - it is a continuous process throughout the year, so please check back frequently to see what's new!

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or email me at bbarnette@texas-wildlife.org. As Razorback01 indicated, I work for the Texas Wildlife Association full-time on the TYHP staff as the coordinator for North Texas, and I will be happy to help folks get involved with TYHP!

Thanks,
      Bob Barnette
      Last edited by rgb; 06-27-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rgb View Post
        We will open our calendar for posting new TYHP hunts (2022/2023 season) on July 1 - please visit us at www.tyhp.org. From that point forward, Huntmasters or TYHP staff will post hunts as details are finalized - it is a continuous process throughout the year, so please check back frequently to see what's new!

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or email me at bbarnette@texas-wildlife.org. As Razorback01 indicated, I work for the Texas Wildlife Association full-time on the TYHP staff as the coordinator for North Texas, and I will be happy to help folks get involved with TYHP!

Thanks,
        Bob Barnette
        Great information, thank you Bob. I am going to look now and try to get the boy signed up for one.

Comment

RGB is obviously your best bet here for good info but I would be happy to help as well. Have been on countless hunts, my daughter and I both volunteered last year and this past April we both attended huntmaster training and hope to lead a hunt or two soon. It's an incredible organization that puts on really great hunts for the kids.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X