New a/c cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New a/c cost

I’ve got a house we are renovating to use as rental property. The a/c has stopped working abs we had a guy come out today to look at it and he says the compressor is locked up and we need a new unit inside and out. He quoted $10000. We have another l guy coming to check it this evening. What should a new unit cost on a small house? Roughly 1500 feet

That is about what we paid to replace ours.

Comment

Just replaced a 3.5 ton 14 seer Carrier with heat pump in a 1975 sq foot house. $6400. DFW area.

Comment

Thats what I paid last month for a new 4 ton 14 seer last month

Comment

Sounds about right, we had two units replaced 4 years ago and it was $7000 per unit, carrier with extended warranty and service contract

Comment

$2k per ton

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
              Just replaced a 3.5 ton 14 seer Carrier with heat pump in a 1975 sq foot house. $6400. DFW area.
              Condenser and coils?

Comment

I just had a 2 ton heat pump, attic horizontal, 1100 sq. ft., 14 seer with ductwork ( spider sheet ) done in Dec. for $ 4300. Half new construction, half existing.

It would help apples to apples if ya'll would describe the system size, seer, just coil and outside unit, electric with heat strips, heat pump and whether the furnace was replaced as applicable.

Comment

Had ours replaced last year, I went with Lennox because of past experience, but wish I would have gone with Carrier. The Lennox evap coil had a small leak that required two visits over 6 months for them to find and another month to get the coil. But the biggest issue is the indoor unit is loud. My sister-in-law has a Carrier and it is whisper quiet both condenser and air handler.

Comment

Might be hard to get 14 seer so have to upgrade to 15 seer which will cost more.

Comment

Where is the house located I own an ac company and work in Galveston county. That sounds kinda high for a 3 or 3.5 ton especially if it’s a 14 seer

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        Condenser and coils?
                        Yes

Comment

Yea, bout 5k of that is profit at least

Comment

Just replace what’s broken rather than a whole new system. Replace the compressor.

Comment

Replaced ours last year. 3 ton heat pump for same size house was $6200

Comment

Working...
                              X