Vanilla as an Attractant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    Used to use vanilla quite a bit. Get a spray bottle and pour a little pure extract in and mix with water. Great cover scent. Never used as an attractant though.
    I used to do this and it worked great. I might need to try it again.

Comment

Use to use mixed with water in a spray bottle and used for cover sent.

Comment

How much vanilla and how much water?

Comment

Kinda curious...

I saw one big coyote that after smelling vanilla on the ground, for some minutes he rolled over the place where the vanilla was poured... trying to smell good to date females I guess

Comment

I found big bottles of Mexican vanilla in Walmart in Uvalde and mixed it with water in a spray bottle but don't remember how much. Make it look like Whiskey.

Comment

You can easily make your own vanilla with either cheap vodka or whiskey, and vanilla bean pods. Split the bean pods, add to the alcohol, and store in the pantry for a few weeks. Shake it up, and it's good to use. Refill the bottle when it gets low with alcohol and add in a fresh bean pod. Most commercial vanilla extract is a lot of dark corn syrup. Add this to your vanilla when you are using it, and you'll save a lot more money than buying it at the grocery store.

Comment

Did someone say Vanillii?
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjcsgROJ83c"]Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True - 1989 - Versión Extendida - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer1 View Post
                  Dan Fitzgerald is the reason that I take a videocamera in the woods!

VK "Vanilla-Killa" was his liquid magic.

He used this stuff all the time in his videos with Bob Foulkrod.
                  (Red & Black flannel/wool shirts, compound bows and instinctive finger-shooting)

Started watching his videos 25 years ago,
                  when they were available to rent at the video store.
                  (couldn't afford to buy them at $49/each).

Still enjoy watching the video's I purchased in the early 90's.
                  (think they will let me trade them in for the remastered DVD's?)

TEAM FITZGERALD TV - YouTube
                  Wow! Forgot about old Dan, his son, and Vanilla Killa. Good memories right there.

Comment

If you ever smelled "Buck Juice" by cmere deer, the vanilla is obvious. Worked for me once. Also the product nose jammer has a vanilla smell to it.

Comment

Someone once told me that they sell vanilla corn in Mexico, like the apple corn we buy here, but its nilla sented.

Comment

Working...
                      X