Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Made in the USA worth to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unions of today have made it hard for America to be competitive. I am not referring to the Kennedy era unions as they saved America but today's unions.

The best hunting/fishing shirts around are made in Viet Nam. Who would have thunk it.

Don't take my head off for writing this as I am a life member of the Teamsters.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
      Not so fast at least with knives! They'll put a slip of paper in a large box containing hundreds of small boxed knives. Also know of makers getting folders with everything done but no handles (which they also sell) so they can claim USA made. Then there's also a city in China named USA so......LOL!!
      Introduction Basic Information About Made In USA Claims The Standard For Unqualified Made In USA Claims Qualified Claims Comparative Claims The FTC and The Customs Service Other Statutes What To Do About Violations Introduction The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is charged with preventing

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
        Unions of today have made it hard for America to be competitive. I am not referring to the Kennedy era unions as they saved America but today's unions.

The best hunting/fishing shirts around are made in Viet Nam. Who would have thunk it.

Don't take my head off for writing this as I am a life member of the Teamsters.
        Thinking like this by Teamster members is what caused the Teamsters to be a shell of what it once was

Unions did not kill off American products. Greed by the manufacturer knowing they could get Americans to buy krappy products made by slave labor did the trick.

Comment

Aren't these China built products being sold by American companies? The almighty dollar drives them and if they can sell a cheaper made China product, they will and do. Buying USA made is great but in the real world I'm afraid those products will continue to dwindle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Thinking like this by Teamster members is what caused the Teamsters to be a shell of what it once was
            Well Teamsters being mobbed up back in the 70's and corrupt as all get out didn't help them much. A very close friend of mine worked in a local Teamsters office and the things that local did were so corrupt.
            One instance that always stood out to me was when Yellow Freight had this driver that had problems coming to work and was caught drunk on the job and the dang stewards fought that bum to keep his job and strong armed Yellow Freight in the process. This was 1984 or 85 if memory serves.

Comment

I know a lot of folks will beat the USA drum but in reality it's who has a better deal.

Comment

What if it's made in USA by union labor? Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would support a company here if I know they answer phones with someone who speaks English.

But either way this all has to do with politics and stock market these days.

Need to just get back to the basics somehow.

Comment

Unions did not kill off American products. Greed by the manufacturer knowing they could get Americans to buy krappy products made by slave labor did the trick.
                    If the manufacturer can get the same quality of product overseas for less $$, why wouldn't they? Especially if they can sell the same amount or more. That is their purpose, to make profit. It is also the UNION's job as well. To increase pay/benefits for their members. They ended up pricing themselves out of jobs.

Its the same thing that will happen if/when minimum wage is raised. That $8.00/hr. burger flipper will now get $15.00/hr. only he won't get any hours because the fast food joint bought a new fangled robotic burger flipper. It costs $12/hr. to operate after you factor in cost, maintenance, etc... and it does a much better, more consistent job while not needing benefits, time off, etc... Now that kid will be out of a job and complain that the fast food joint is greedy for not wanting more expensive labor.

And yes, quality of product is a concern whether being made overseas or stateside. Are there crappy products made overseas, yes. But there are some fantastic products made overseas as well. Many of the products that get touted as fantastic, great quality, etc... are made in China. It is the exact same here in the US. That is all about the company's QC standards, and is the same for ALL manufacturing whether here in the states or overseas.

Comment

They just paid the CEO of Moderna almost 1billion for his exit package. We are in such a downward spiral as a country ill buy the cheaper product. We are 30 trillion in debt with a joke of a government.

Comment

This is an awesome response……..hahahaha

Choose to buy cheap ‘crappy’ products or supposed more expensive Made in USA. Capitalism, freed9m and personal liberty are grand!
                        Last edited by Greenheadless; 08-02-2022, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          I wish we had a polling system, but just curious to the willingness to pay more for a US made product. Most of the trail cameras on the market are made cheaply in China - many from the same manufacturers. If you could buy a camera for $125 made in China or $155 made in the US, how many would opt for a US made product considering they could both be made to have the same quality / features.
                          I believe Reconyx cameras are made in the USA. The starting price for them is $399. I don’t think there are very many members on here that have made the choice to spend that much for made in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            I wish we had a polling system, but just curious to the willingness to pay more for a US made product. Most of the trail cameras on the market are made cheaply in China - many from the same manufacturers. If you could buy a camera for $125 made in China or $155 made in the US, how many would opt for a US made product considering they could both be made to have the same quality / features.
                            OP, in your example, I would pull the trigger on the US made in a heart best.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                              I believe Reconyx cameras are made in the USA. The starting price for them is $399. I don’t think there are very many members on here that have made the choice to spend that much for made in the USA.
                              This is an example where I would probably not go USA made based on the comparative quality to price and limited options.

Comment

Made in USA by undocumented labor force?

I do pay more for some thing that I know are made in USA but its hard to tell nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X