Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cargo Trailer to Camper Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that one of those free standing ac units at the front under the table?

What are you using for showers and toliet

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
      Is that one of those free standing ac units at the front under the table?

What are you using for showers and toliet
      The white thing you are seeing is a 20 gallon water tank mounted in the front. The shower I used is a flush mounted RV shower (outdoors). I bought a pop up shower for privacy but most places I go dont require it although the Mrs likes to use it... As far as a toilet goes I bought a small portable toilet that I can store in the bed boxes. Here is what I used. All were bought on amazon.

Leapair Shower Tent - Very easy to use, highly recommend.

DuraFaucet Flush mounted RV shower - Works well but it is not "heavy duty" by any means.

Hassock Portable toilet - Works well but you could use a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat attached and a trash bag just as well. Another item that is not "heavy duty" but certainly gets the job done.

Comment

Definitely a usable trailer for sleeping in and you can still use it to trailer things around if needed. Way better that a pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
          Definitely a usable trailer for sleeping in and you can still use it to trailer things around if needed. Way better that a pop up.
          I had a pop up before this and I loved it however it was a pain to put up and take down. Also it wouldn't cool in the summertime unless it was fully shaded. This unit gets ice cold in full sun on the hottest of days which I like. So far I've used it three times and every time I'm happier and happier that I decided to build it. I kicked this idea around for about three years and finally I had enough of driving back and forth to the beach when the weather was nice. If anybody has any questions or wants any tips that might save some time, money, and frustration I'm more than willing to help.

Comment

Looks nice! Good job! I have one that over the last few years I've been doing a litle here and a little there, might finish it some day.

Comment

Looks good man

Comment

Awesome! Good job

Comment

very nice. just enough to stay dry and comfortable.

Comment

What type of Insulation did you use ... Looks like Rigid Panel ?

Comment

That's awesome. Just enough to go away for however long you want but not so much that it's hard to keep up with

Comment

Very nice, I want to build one of these one day big enough to load a ATV in the rear.

Comment

Looks good. I did this with a 24 foot enclosed trailer. I was tired of dealing with old travel trailers and mice. With the enclosed trailer I had a blank canvas that I could do what I wanted and I know where the few holes in and out are.

Comment

Nice work bud

Comment

Nice clean job. I just started work on an 8x18 with the same purpose in mind. I ordered it insulated because I knew I wouldn't have time. I am also building my two twin beds to fold up so I can load my polaris ranger inside. What AC unit did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                                What type of Insulation did you use ... Looks like Rigid Panel ?
                                The first layer is called reflectix and the second layer is foil backed 1/2" foam board. I then skinned the trailer with underlayment wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X