No announcement yet.

Hunting Boots - Your Preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salamon 4d GTX. Originally bought them for water proof hiking purpose but have become the only pair of boots I really use. Learned after wearing snake guards that heat is retained in cold weather and haven't needed anything warmer. If cold temperature tripod or tree stand hunting, they work well with boot blankets while not smoking your feet out on the way to the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Twisted x mocs

I don’t need a special pair of shoes to walk to the blind.

Same here until I kept picking cactus out of my legs. Finally sprung for a good pair of snake boots, best money I ever spent. To the blind no issue. But I swear deer find a way to make me walk through cactus after I shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Dmcgee; 01-13-2022, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinmcnutt View Post
        I bought a pair of Crispi Laponias for a pronghorn hunt. I put 34 miles on them in 4 days, they’re comfortable as can be. Non isulated and goretex waterproofing. I think they were around $225.

They make a good boot , brother and I use them in Colorado every year and no complaints .

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          I have a pair of Wolverine's with Goretex that cost about $125 ten years ago that are still holding up and feel like putting on a comfy pair of slippers. They aren't very good at keeping the cactus thorns out and I need to waterproof them again. Other than that great boots.
          I have a pair of Wolverine, 600 gram thinsulate, and they have lasted me 7-8 years, and I love them. comfortable, and very durable. I saw them on sale the other day for 79$.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
            I just looked and mine are the Vitals as well.

They have served me in Kansas and west Texas, from 0 degrees to the 50s and been comfortable.
            Update.

I've put 200 miles between Texas, New Mexico, and Montana, I'd still suggest them! They've held up great.

Comment

Justin square toed boots without steel toe. I’ve got some megallan insulated boots from academy, but don’t wear them often

Comment

Danner (not sure which model)

Comment

For hunting I use Lacrosse rubber snake boots, scent control. Working on the lease I wear chips. Seen to many rattle snakes on our place not to wear protection.

Comment

Irish setters vaperlok get the one with zero grams of insulation unless you have cold feet. They are waterproof and will last around 2-3 years before they turn from water proof to water resistant lol. For $200 you cant go wrong.

Comment

I vote for Danner brand, you can find a lot of cool boots from them!

Comment

Go with Crispi boots. Comfortable and well built boots. You can find them for 200 bucks on sale lately.

Comment

UA hovr Dawn arent bad if you don't need a ton of support.

Comment

Top 3…Danner, Danner and Danner.

Comment

Danner Pronghorns are the best I've had. They have held up to 3 Elk hunts and 4-5 West Texas Aoudad hunts.

Comment

I’ve got Danner Pronghorn un insulated. Bought them for an aoudad hunt, used them on several antelope hunts, and a couple nilgai hunts. I wear them deer hunting if the weather is funky. If it’s warm, they’re too hot unless I wear really thin socks.

I really like them because they’re tough as hell, waterproof, and comfy to walk in all day. They could be cooler, but I’ve never had waterproof boots that weren’t.
                                Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-06-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X