Carter Too Simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter Too Simple

I have always been a wrist strap guy and wanted to try out a thumb release so I bought a Carter Too Simple. I know it's going to feel awkward for a bit but wondering if I should have gone with the 1st Choice or Wise Choice. It seems like my draw length with the Too Simple is too short now.

For those who hunt using a Carter release, what is your release of choice?

Your draw length did not change because of a release. Draw length is a function of the bow. Your anchor point could change very dramatically when changing releases.

Likely you had a very long length on your strap release and anchored at the back of your jaw. Now your anchor point has shifted much further forward on your jaw line with the same string position.

This is actually the biggest issue most people have when switching IMO. Stay with it and find a comfortable repeatable anchor point, and learn to actually pull through your shot and you will start shooting more consistantly.

Comment

^^^What he said^^^ More than likely your peep sight will need to be adjusted too

Comment

I use the Too Simple also. You can try to run a longer d loop.

Comment

Covered well above with anchor, D loop and peep height being mentioned.

Changing from a wrist strap to a thumb release is generally not just "plug and play". Adjustments usually have to be made.

Comment

Carter Too Simple is a great release though.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
              Covered well above with anchor, D loop and peep height being mentioned.

Changing from a wrist strap to a thumb release is generally not just "plug and play". Adjustments usually have to be made.

Not looking for it to be plug and play. Just read here and some other forums that with the shorter head of the too simple the draw length and/or D-Loop may need to be lengthened maybe a half inch or so. I also bought a first choice and think I may like the longer head on it a little better.

Bought a new bow and not hunting this year so figured if I am going to change, best to do it now so I can practice for the next year and get comfortable with the thumb release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You get the new Matthews or go back to PSE?

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                  You get the new Matthews or go back to PSE?
                  Got the V3-31", wanted to get back into a little longer bow.

Comment

I shoot a Just B cuz. It’s a 3 finger, I personally do not like 4 finger releases, feels like too much going on.

Like mentioned above, swapping from wrist release to thumb release you will have to change some things, it’s not exactly pick it up and go.

Comment

Working...
                    X