Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not much interest in Rangers baseball this year, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a lot of money to spend to try and win the silver boot😂😂😂👍

Comment

And they signed starting pitcher Jon Gray.

I was not too excited at first as he seems like maybe a #2-3 starter with a career W/L of 53/49 and 4.59 ERA.

BUT . . . he has pitched in Coors Field his entire career, and may well do a bit better in Arlington.

He has been very consistent in going deep in games (5.5 innings) with 16.5 pitches per inning, .260 AVG against and 1.34 WHIP, and 3:1 strikeouts to walks (829:280). Even the 105 homeruns in 829 innings does not look bad when you consider the thin air.

He may not be a #1 shutdown starter, but I think he is and will be the anchor for their rotation.

Comment

$57mm a year for a second baseman and shortstop? Strong stuff. How was attendance last year with the new ballpark but a crap team? This should at least generate some interest from the fan base.

Comment

The club is certainly spending money. Pessimistic / cynical me says to wait and see...

Chris Woodward is still managing and i don't know about him. Time will tell the tale.

Having said that, the club should most definitely be better. But there's still many a hole to fix. Go Chris Young.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            $57mm a year for a second baseman and shortstop? Strong stuff. How was attendance last year with the new ballpark but a crap team? This should at least generate some interest from the fan base.
            Attendance was marginal at best. No matter the venue, no one likes to watch suck, and last years team sucked. Should be more butts in seats this year. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              The club is certainly spending money. Pessimistic / cynical me says to wait and see...

Chris Woodward is still managing and i don't know about him. Time will tell the tale.

Having said that, the club should most definitely be better. But there's still many a hole to fix. Go Chris Young.
              Semien and Seager will definitely make Woodward look a lot better.

Comment

Better than one expected, but then again Texas allowed butts in the seats during covid times.

Attendance was marginal at best. No matter the venue, no one likes to watch suck, and last years team sucked. Should be more butts in seats this year. We'll see...

Comment

Texas was 5th in attendance for 2021. 2.1M for the season and averaged over 26k per game for a 60 win season. If they field a team with a chance, and include a couple of big name players it will keep fans going.

Remember, they lost a year with a brand new stadium from the china virus, and its still not even broke in good. They were also one of the few teams that actually played a full 81 game home schedule.

Comment

They at least act like they have a pulse this offseason... Thats a start

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

For being as bad as they were they still had the 4th highest avg game attendance behind San Diego, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Atlanta in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are a real Ranger fan...always guarded! I am too, but I was not expecting this, this moves the time line up a few years. I still don't expect a ton this year, it will take at least another year to put together a good pitching staff, but it's a pulse.

Don't mind Richard, he's still trying to justify that trophy they stole a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                          For being as bad as they were they still had the 4th highest avg game attendance behind San Diego, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Atlanta in 2021.

Because they got an indoor stadium like most civilized teams. You know the stadium with a roof that y’all hated so much 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Bang Bang!!
                            that should be clang clang,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              You are a real Ranger fan...always guarded! I am too, but I was not expecting this, this moves the time line up a few years. I still don't expect a ton this year, it will take at least another year to put together a good pitching staff, but it's a pulse.

Don't mind Richard, he's still trying to justify that trophy they stole a few years back.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X