Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Question ... Game cameras ...

So what do you all like & why?
    Looking for dependable, not the most expensive, and easy to use.
    And .... go!

Covert Black Viper, super reliable, pretty good on battery life, good pics even turned down to 8 mp, 45’ detection range, and no flash or blinking lights. Personally own over 50 of them. Have tried about every brand made. Have had a lot of hunting friends swap over to them. Have a handful that are on feeders that are easily over a million pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$38 Tasco from walmart 10
      Crisp picture big field of view

Comment

Perfect timing for this thread. I need to replace 2 of mine

Comment

Always had luck with $100 Bushnell trophy cams. Think they are $79 on Amazon.

Comment

I bought 3 of Tasco cameras from Walmart. Couple are the 8 MP and the other one is the 10MP. For the money they work perfectly and can be replaced very cheaply. I don't know how long they will last but the lasted a year on my exotic ranch taking a 100 or more pictures a day. I also have several Bushnell trophy cams that work great. Not a fan of the Browning though.

Comment

We run Snyper down south, they do very well, though I do wish there were different data options and a different viewing platform. I also bought about 10 of the $30 Muddy cameras and they have been super! Clear pics, good on batteries and if they last a season, they were cheap. Close to home we have a Tatacam and it does well and the data plan is a good deal.

Regardless, if you use a cell camera, use lithiums and if you use a non-cellular you can get away with regular alkalines. Invest in a $10 battery tester as well, as a lot of times only one battery craps out and and it takes the whole camera out, but at least you're not having to replace them all if you test them, mine paid for itself on one set of lithiums.

Comment

only barn owl now!

Comment

You first need to decide whether you want one really good camera or several budget cameras. I am a believer in putting cameras all over not just on feeders. We have 11 feeders and 18 cameras. We get pics of deer that never go to a feeder. Lots of acceptable budget cameras out there. If you watch websites they often clear out last years models for about 50 percent. Using multiple brands requires you to format cards before putting them in another brand but it is a good idea to do anyway

Comment

I have run most of everything over the last ten years. This past year I bought three of the $29.99 Muddy's from Academy. Those three went all year on one set of batteries, never missing a pic. I am sold!

Comment

I have 20-25 Browning Strike Forces that run pretty much year round on our exotic ranches and leases and I love them.

Comment

I won’t buy another one that doesn’t have cellular. I like covert but got one Reveal Tactacam that is working well considering the price.

Comment

Browning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning Strike Force, great quality at a good price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning.

Had Snyper cell cams for several years and when the work they are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X